Electric BRAKE / reverse

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanix

Premium Member
Premium Member
Ok so Seadoo's revolutionary new braking system is pretty impressive but back in the day it was just a matter of pulling a lever and hitting the gas to do the same as long as you don't rip the scoop off.

I'm trying to build the same type of thing on my 96 GSX but having it as a fully automatic reverse ,neutral and drive with brake.

I'd like to find a way to actuate the scoop electrically but also with a brake lever similar to the new seadoo design.

I'm looking for ideas for a fast actuating linear actuator that runs on 12v. Similar to the VTS in a way. Or a car window actuator.

I can do the electrical, electronics and fabrication. I just need something to drive the cable to the scoop.

Any idea's ?

Thanks

We used to use hydraulic motor/cylinder on the old jet boats years ago to lift the nozzle and ahoot rooster tails. Similar hydraulic setup as mercruiser stern drives. Perhaps you could even make your own actuating cylinder out of one of those gas-filled hatchback struts, or rob a used cylinder and pump from an old outboard or stern-drive boat?

That's awesome Doc, If only it wasn't $300.

I took a look at the new doo brake system and it looks like they also have a metal reinforcement behind the plastic scoop. Looks like I'll have to make something similar as well to avoid blasting that thing right off :p

Unfortunately... for what you want to do... there isn't going to be a cheap way. You need speed and strength.

Windsheild wiper motor maybe? It would have speed and strength. Plus it has an arm already. It would only need feedback. I could use a controler or a potentiometer and arduino to control its position and speed with a transistor and pwm.

Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back