DYI Speedster Rope Door

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenrussell3

I made a rope door from a white 1/2" plexi-glass cutting board purchased from Home Depot. I made a cardboard pattern, then cut the plexi-glass on a band saw. You could use a scroll saw. Since the rope door opening is curved, I used a hot air blower "heat gun" to soften the plexi-glass just enough to bend a matching curve in the new door. I then bought two stainless hinges and a round "slam" style latch. You can use the original latch and hinges, if you still have them. I drilled a hole for the latch and small holes for the hinge screws, being sure to place them carefully to ensure that the door will open and close, without binding, and that the latch will properly secure under the factory catch when the door is closed. I painted mine yellow to match my Speedster trim, or you can leave it white to blend with the engine cover. It is heavy duty enough to climb on.

Because my phone is at the bottom of the lake, with all my photos, and I'm not yet smart enough to recover them, if possible, from the "cloud" or what ever. I can post new photos of the finished product, once I get a new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back