Dual Battery Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf

Gang,

Im running two batteries on my 96 speedster.Question is positive to Positive and Neg to Neg that i know(lol)..Now i have a extra cable looks like a cross over from 1 batt to the next..The question is do i run this cross over from Pos battery 1 to Pos battery 2 or is it Neg batt 1 to Neg batt 2..i was in a rush with the weather changing and its a b**** to get in there to unhook i just went Ape and disconnected all the cables..Does this Cross over cable need to be installed? It was there in the first place so i would imagine i should hook back up..Any thoughts or insight would be Great seeing its a B**** to unhook in the first place and i would imagine worse to connect..

Thanks,
Topshelf

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigmri,

thanks for the quick response..but there is no battery switch. just the 2 pos and 2 neg cables for both batteries with a extra cable which i think was attached to both Pos posts..my problem is these are the Yuasa Batteries which dont have Regualr Post for quick cable install..these Buggers have a screw for each post and a nut which move each time i try and hook cables up..so before i go crazy trying to install these as they take a steady hand so the nut does not move i would like to be sure..

parallel and series

if your run them neg to pos in a series setup then your voltage will add

neg to neg, pos to pos then your running them in parallel and voltage is same and current adds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back