Drive shaft alignment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Does anybody have some free style way to align drive shaft without a alignment tool, it's a 2000 gs 717, thought about using a hole saw in a piece of 1/2 x 3 wood to pass shaft threw and 2 bolt holes for jet drive bolts, and than using a V block at PTO with different shims to raise shaft as needed and than, give it a heck of a try, just don't have cash for tool.

So, I would need to buy some 18 mm tool steel, cut it to length of my shaft. I will than need to cut of another say 8 inches from that piece and sand ends. Than put the short piece into the PTO and then longer piece into the pump. I will than need to push pump forward to meet piece in the PTO, make adjustments to align both pieces. Than once aligned pull pump back away and remove both pieces, then now it will be aligned enough to put my drive shaft into the pump and PTO, I hope that my understanding is correct, your tool seems, just what I need Thanks

Back