DR honda

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
first let me say thanks for all my questions you have answered thus far. But I need to pick your brain farther. Im still fighting the low oil light being on. I replaced the low oil sensor and it stopped the beeper when full. Can you tell me what all will turn that light on beings weve done discussed it is a general warning light and labled wrong? I have spent hours searching and can only come up with low oil and possible low fuel (cant confirm) will set it off.

thanks a bunch

It depends on what ECU your engine has, and what warning controller it has. BUT, in general....

1) Low oil
2) Over temp
3) Water in fuel
4) low fuel

The newer ECU (newer software) can trip that light, like a "Check Engine Light" in your car. And it can be illuminated for an error in any sensor.

Low voltage is generally just isolated to the switch in the helm.

On that note... there are 2 buzzers in the Seadoo/Mercury boats. There is a buzzer mounted in the bottom of the helm, that is the "Seadoo" buzzer. It's the one that makes noise for over temp, low battery, and low fuel.

The other buzzer is taped into the mercury wiring harness. It will sound for low oil, water in fuel, and any other ECU warning. So... make sure they both work !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a bunch. That's great Cause I was fixing to ask about the second buzzer. I found it just a little while ago while putting new key switch in.

Mine is just laying loose under storage compartment coming out of wiring harness. Looks just like the one mounted in the helm.

I just bought a replacement buzzer for mine. The replacement came with 2 push-on connectors, but the merc buzzer does not appear to have those connectors available (even after unwrapping the wiring harness). So do you typically just cut off the old buzzer and splice into bare wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back