Double trailer width less than 96 inches?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgiffune

Is there any such thing as a double trailer that will fit in a standard, 8 foot, single car garage? Seems all the doubles are 100" wide. I have two X-4's, 42 inches each currently on single trailers.

Do I have any options here? Hoping to do this as cost efficiently as possible. Thanks!

Here ya go:

http://www.directboats.com/donawipwctr.html

They are good for 2 smaller skis... but don't try putting on newer, 4-stoke skis. It won't hold the weight. Also... with Magenta trailers... they have that very skinny double trailer trailer for "stand-up or narrow sit down." That WILL NOT WORK with an X4. That will work with the HX, x2's, or the Wave blasters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I just have to see if I can find one of these used, my guess is that they're not very common. Not too crazy about spending $2000 on a brand new trailer for two 15 year old Sea Doo's (both X4's)

Here ya go:

http://www.directboats.com/donawipwctr.html

They are good for 2 smaller skis... but don't try putting on newer, 4-stoke skis. It won't hold the weight. Also... with Magenta trailers... they have that very skinny double trailer trailer for "stand-up or narrow sit down." That WILL NOT WORK with an X4. That will work with the HX, x2's, or the Wave blasters.

That looks like the magenta trailer but being sold directboats. Has same logo on trailer tounge
I have the 95 xp and 96 gti on it and it handles it very well.

Keep in mind with narrow double trailers designed to fit in a single car garage...your skis typically hang outside the width of the trailer body. If you bump a wall, side of the garage, etc. it will be your ski that hits.

The problem is width of single car door is 96" in my case.
Yes the rub rails indeed rub the opening but I solve that by tilting ski on side and voila.
jetski.jpg

trailer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I didn't think of an overhang. Assumed the wheel fenders would be the widest part. I actually found this trailer on ebay, about a 90 minute drive for me. I had the seller double measure the width, and he says its 93 and 3/4 enough room with 1 inch clearance on each side. Good tip about tilting the ski's! I won't know for sure if it'll fit until I buy this thing, and get my two X-4's on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...446141&viewitem=&category=66469#ht_500wt_1182

I managed to win the above auction on ebay - used Shorelander trailer - total width 93 3/4 inches! Won it for $613. Loaded my 95 XP and 97 SPX on it over the weekend, and no detectable overhang. Hand rolled it into the garage, without an inch to spare per side! Very happy. Probably going to fasten some 'wheel guides' to the driveway to alleviate some of the anxiety when I move it in repeatedly.

Thanks for the reassurance that it was possible!

very nice.
Good find :)
I like how both sit in middle of axle vs the over hang.

Was it from a boat trailer??

No, I believe it's a jet ski trailer. Guy had a couple 97XP's on them that he split up to separate trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back