Don't get ripped off!!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoosnipe

Premium Member
Premium Member
It's been brought to my attention that there are a couple members of the forum, who have dealt with someone in good faith, only to be ripped off. Or not get what you paid for.

Please, do not send money or anything not traceable to anyone who has something for sale in these ads. If the seller is requesting a large sum of money for something, then you might think about making a bargain, to send half at the time and in good faith, you'll send the other half when it arrives.

As long as I've been a moderator, this "buy/sale/trade" section has been here and has helped hundreds, if not thousands, of people find hard to get parts for their skis/boats. In my time as a moderator, I have been contacted twice on someone not living up to their end of the bargain.

Remember, the forum administrators or moderators are not involved with what is bought or sold in this section. If you suspect someone is not on the up and up, please contact one of us.

If you have given money or made a deal that did not happen, please inform the staff as soon as you can so we can take action to keep this person from getting rich off members.

Anyone caught trying to scam a member in the forum, will be banned for life. Please, this section has been very beneficial to many, many members. I hope it stays with us for many years to come. You, the members are the only ones that can keep this section honest. Please report suspicious activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will be working to put a trader system in place in the coming months. Allowing users to give feedback on sellers and buyers on how smooth a transaction went and if there were any problems. We will keep you all updated on that.

If any member encounters any strange activity, Please let one of the STAFF know ASAP. This way we might be able to head off any bad experience for other members.

Karl

A good idea if buying off anyone who's a member on here.
Check they have a good healthy post count.
And stick the item on Ebay or other similar auction site.
Ive seen far to many people get ripped off on many a Forum.
Its not a safe way to do dealings.
And its not the Forums fault.
Buyer beware.

We now have feedback rankings which works like ebay.. much cleaner and easier to utilize then a forum for it. Just need members to use this function.

Getting ripped!!!!!!

So far, we've had a few bad experiences from a few that have joined the forum, only to sell or scam members who are easy targets.

Do not buy anything from a member that does not have a good standing in the forum. It seems that most rip off's come from members who sign up only to get into the "buy,sale and trade" section to pedal their trash. It's also stuff that was probably pulled from ebay. So, check to make sure there is a post count and always, always, only offer to pay for your parts via PayPal.

They can offer a some protection from being ripped off. Never use a money order, cashiers check, personal check or cash. Any of these can be cashed and you not even get an envelope back, much less the product you purchased.

Please, be very careful with transactions because there is not a lot we here can do about it, except ban the member from coming on the forum boards again, that's about it.

just an idea

just an idea but mabie the site could offer an escrow service (for a fee) would help make people feel a lot better about buying stuff and would make some extra income for the site any way just an idea:cheers:

Back