Don't Forget to check Your Bearings!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankyJ87

G'day, I hadn't checked my bearings in a while and after reaching my destination I had someone say "your wheels flat". Upon closer inspection the wheel was held on only by the knut and a split pin!!

I ended up replacing both hubs and painted the axle cos it was rusty aswell.

Ive got a few picks of the axle after I removed the hub and had to hack saw the large bearing off ....... or what was left of them.

Dont forget to check your bearings, this could have ended badly.

I was lucky my wheel didnt come off doing 110km/h on the freeway,

Franky.

Attachments

• Trailer delamers 143-1.jpg
    Trailer delamers 143-1.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Trailer delamers 144.JPG
    Trailer delamers 144.JPG
    832.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Trailer delamers 146-1.jpg
    Trailer delamers 146-1.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Trailer delamers 145-1.jpg
    Trailer delamers 145-1.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 69
wow...sounds pretty scary. Glad you were able to go without a major blowout.

Get your self a pair of bearing buddy's from walmart or boat store. I have 30 year old boat trailer that has never needed new bearings.

I think even with the bearing spring caps I would still go in and service them, I have several utility trailers and I regrease after 10 years, by then one of the lites is decayed if not cracked so bad when I open to dip the bulb base in vaseline the cover is in 50 pieces.

JoeZ, Yeah wasn't too scary, mainly cos I found it after I stopped and went to push it into the carport the next day. It doesnt look like it had been blown out for too long because the axle damage wasn't as bad as it could have been.
This time I live to fight another day :D

Bcrom, I will definatly be getting some bearing buddy's. I ran out of time on the weekend and had to drive home but when I go to get the boat ill stick some on. (Its at my parents place)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back