Does anyone have side protectors installed ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
My son Lost one of his even with double sided tape. I think the problem is that water gets in hind the protectors. Combine the force of the water and the speed of the ski, it's just a matter of time before it happens. It was a middle protector and he's pissed. It sank like others have stated. I don't blame him one bit. I feel it is a Doo could of done a better job with securing them. I also feel that Doo should offer each piece as a replacement part. As it is now you'd have to buy a whole new kit.

The glue on mine has worn away as well.

I agree with rv245 -- the water gets between the protectors and the hull, and it just streams away at the adhesive until the only thing holding them on is the plastic tabs.

I have been using a cheap adhesive spray to stick them back to the hull, but it only lasts a couple rides. I have not lost them completely because the plastic tabs have so far held them on (touch wood). But it's something I have to fuss over and worry about, and check all the time, and frankly, I shouldn't have to. It's a 'BRP' branded product.

I have bought a number of BRP accessories for my Spark -- None have given me problems. However, these ones have unfortunately. I drilled the holes to install them so if I simply take the bumpers off now my ski is going to look stupid.

I'll keep using the adhesive spray and trying to get the side protectors to adhere, and I'll be hoping BRP redesigns and releases an upgraded version of the protectors at some point soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
BRP needs to consider some other type adhesive. I do not see them helping with replacement as they are focusing on the handlebars. They definitely should sell separate pieces.

Back