Does anyone have side protectors installed ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I put them on both of ours and think they'll definitely be worth it. They're really easy to install, they just stick on and are held in place by some plastic push tabs. After our first big weekend of riding I noticed a couple minor scuffs on the sides from docking and we decided to get the side protectors. Having them on makes docking a lot less worrisome.

I put them on both of ours and think they'll definitely be worth it. They're really easy to install, they just stick on and are held in place by some plastic push tabs. After our first big weekend of riding I noticed a couple minor scuffs on the sides from docking and we decided to get the side protectors. Having them on makes docking a lot less worrisome.

Thanks for the response, seriously thinking about ordering for our two as we'll.

^^^^^^^
Don't know anything about the river you might ride on but the river we have around here is not choppy or rough. We have ridden in fairly rough chop and have not seen any problems.

Installed my side protectors today....I DID NOT opt to drill for the useless plastic tabs, as they make no sense to me. The 3m sticky will be plenty, I'm not keen on drilling a bunch of holes in my ski....pic below
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg
15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a nice looking ski. Where did you get the graphics?

I have ordered mine. Probably will not drill either.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Yea I don't see the need, if it's going to come off, there's nothing this little plastic tabs is going to do to stop it, but they seem really firm I cleaned the surface real well and applied real good pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pics. I'm ordering a couple set and also plan on not drilling for the tabs. Sweet looking ski by the way.

well i liked the strips BUT im now Pissed off as iv lost 1 of the long ones in the surf.
the prep i went through to remove ANy traces of grease or wax to have them fall off pisses me off..
imo theyr SHIT for an OEM part. and now i have holes dripped on the sie. the darts are useless if they couldnt even stey in,let alone the shitty tape used thats does not even adhere enough.. Plus they got to bake on for a week before use when 1 fell off. month later the other falls off.. grrrr

I just finished installing them on both of ours. I have to agree the tape seems inadequate compared to the tape on vent visors I have installed in the past on many vehicles.
They will sit until Saturday, then the test.

I don't know if I got lucky or what, but I'm very happy with mine. I let them setup all week and they survived a full day at the lake, and aren't budging at all. If they do, I'll just buy some serious double sided 3M and reinstall...unless I lose one out in the lake somewhere lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Installed on Tuesday and let them sit until today. After 30 minutes on the lake I lost one of the small tail pieces on the left side. All other pieces on both skis still intact after 4 hours of riding. I removed the right side tail piece so it doesn't stand out so bad that a piece is missing. When I removed the right side I could see the tape had only been sticking on about 25% of the area.
I pressed hard on the pieces during installation all over ( I thought).
As I have stated earlier, I think the tape would work better if somewhat thicker. Only problem with thicker is they wouldn't fit as close to the body.
Maybe one day we will be able to buy individual pieces. Hoping all the rest stay intact.

My son and I both installed them on our skis. What we did was get a roll of double sided tape. We put tape on the top part of the protector also. I didn't want to drill for the push tabs, but we did. Between the additional tape and push tabs they have held up great so far.

And I lost one in the lake.....and they sink. I noticed it come off saw it in the water and slowly dropping tried to dive off the ski and get it, but no luck. Hopefully they will sale the individual pieces soon....kinda disappointed.

After several times out and many jumps and waves later, the right side middle piece came off on one of our skis. Luckily I put on the plastic tabs otherwise I would have lost it. Has anyone come up with a good solution for re gluing it back on? I was thinking maybe spray adhesive.

In a previous post, Rv245 said he used double sided tape.
So far I have only lost one small piece, wishing I would have added the extra tape though.

I've considered the double sided 3M tape, then the liquid vehicle logo adhesive above and below it. What sucks is they sink immediately, so if you don't realize it's coming off or you lost one, it's at the bottom of the lake.

Are theese hollow? Perhaps you could drill a hole in a unseen spot and fill with expanding foam crom home depot. A d on boat with gel coat 5200 ahdeasive caulk never comes off i dont know it it would work on the spark.

It is indeed. Maby as a genuine seadoo item we can complain and get a free set or something as it looks stupid all missing pieces etc??

It is indeed. Maby as a genuine seadoo item we can complain and get a free set or something as it looks stupid all missing pieces etc??
I agree, it's a huge failure by seadoo. They should replace missing pieces, especially since it's happening to everyone.

Back