Diy vts fix the safe way

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

k_24

with the Canadian dollar 70/100 to us and parts costing an arm and a leg
i'm trying to bypass the vts with 2 relays but im stuck on the big problem on how to stop the motor when it reaches the end

anybody knows electrical? anything i can add to stop the motor at the end ?permanent-magnet-field-tilt-motor-with-relay-up.jpg

The factory system uses reed switches at the end of the travel. So you could use those. You need to search around on the net. I read a nice techinical description once on how it all works. Along with a schematic. For end of travel I have seen stuff on grind some threads off to esentially disenagage the motor. Also something about a PVC spacer. You could possibly find a way to rig your own limit switches. BTW, there is a "VTS Gauge fix" that does add external sensors. Read this. https://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?69870-anyone-fix-a-VTS-gauge-postion-sensor

The factory system uses reed switches at the end of the travel. So you could use those. You need to search around on the net. I read a nice techinical description once on how it all works. Along with a schematic. For end of travel I have seen stuff on grind some threads off to esentially disenagage the motor. Also something about a PVC spacer. You could possibly find a way to rig your own limit switches. BTW, there is a "VTS Gauge fix" that does add external sensors. Read this. https://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?69870-anyone-fix-a-VTS-gauge-postion-sensor
Thanks il check it out
Il post a full description when i solve this

I looked it up Reed switches actuated by magnetic field i dont see how i would use reed switch to stop the motor can u plz explain

Inside the VTS is a bunch of reed switches and when the shaft goes in and out, a magnet on the shaft switches them. Some are for the gauge, and the end ones are for the limits. So the switch goes to your relay and turns off the travel in that direction and if you wire it right, will only allow travel in the opposite direction. But the reeds are all part of the VTS module, so you will have to rig your own. Or some other kind of switch.

I can't remember the brand but if you search in here or google it, you'll find that a car power window motor is the same motor at the seadoo VTS. Other threads about it seems to say that it works great as a replacement.

I can't remember the brand but if you search in here or google it, you'll find that a car power window motor is the same motor at the seadoo VTS. Other threads about it seems to say that it works great as a replacement.
Do you mean it stops at the end by itself ?

No, it is just a replacement for the motor. But it sounds like your motor works. If you read everything on that link, and other similar posts, you will see that people file off some threads on the actuation rod end. Then when it gets to the end of the travel, it just spins and does not hurt the motor. And the water pressure from the pump helps it rethread to work in the other direction. That is all I have on the subject. Perhaps you can ask Matt Braley the question (on this forum) after the weekend. (he is racing this weekend) He has done this fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back