Display Gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Botello

Hello.. I have a 2003 GTX 4-Tec and my RPM, Speed and Digital display are dead... I saw some humidity inside the display ... I do not know how to remove it to check if there is a probem with the connection... can someone explain me how to remove it... I already remove some screws form the black part that is under the hood but this black cover is not coming off... is this the correct way or the display should be pull off from the front part... I do not want to brake it.
thanks,
Sergio

Just wiggle and it will pull out. You will have just enough room to reach behind it and release the connector.

These things are weather sealed. On my old GTI I had a little bit of humidity a few years back but a complete winter in my heated garage took care of it. I have also seen a thread on this forum where a guy showed a picture and the gauges were barely readable due to an excessive amount of humidity (literally drops of water behind the glass/plastic). I remember that someone told him they could be opened, but hardly.

Is your still working?

thanks to all for your comments... I will try to see if I can pull it out without breaking it ... a black hard plastic is around this display and I do not know if I will need to remove it first .. it looks like this plastic comes out first if I use a knife or a sharp screwdriver ... is this correct or do I need to remove the entire display as a one piece?... I saw some humidity and now I do not see anything due to the hot weather but is not working at all... the display and analog gauges are dead.... I'm an electronic guy and I would like to see if I can fix it to save some money., your recomendation will be very apprecitated... thanks!

You don't need any tools and definitely not a knife. Just wiggle and pull and the whole assembly will come out. It will take some force but it will come out. It is only friction fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back