Depth finder install question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ115

I’m attempting to install a factory depth finder, 295100679, on a 2015 GTX S 155. The kit instruction sheet describes connecting the wiring harness to a fuse box with 24 contact points, 4 rows across and 6 rows up. However, my fuse box has 96 contact points, 8 rows across and 12 rows up. Does anyone have the correct wiring harness fuse box connections for the larger box on my ski? Thanks.

If it's anything like the 09 GTX, the plug is already there for the transducer and you just put a fuse in the slot already marked for depth sounder.

Thanks. Now the wiring harness has to be wired into the fuse box. They sell you the transducer and wiring harness, but refer you to the shop manual for contact locations. I was hoping someone had access to a manual for the info.

Unfortunately the 'free' online manuals are 2009 or older. The transducer however is the same as is used in 09 and up so it's wiring is the same. It should have 4 wires, a red, black, white/red and white/black. The black goes to permanent ground. The red to a 3A fuse on the switched side (hot when dash awake only) of the fuse block and the 2 whites with stripes are the can-bus high and can-bus low. They are literally bussed and you will find them in one of the fuse boxes labeled bus and will have a strap connecting all high and another strap connecting all low can bus wires. While you can actually just splice into the white/red and white/black from any module because they're common, I wouldn't as it will make trouble shooting harder later. Hopefully someone can produce a page from the manual for you but that should give you an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back