Dave vincent team in ayr .do not buy from there!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Not to worry, these guys won't be in business for long. I work at a car dealership that's been in business for over 50 years. The sale may get a customer in one time, service brings them back.

Lou

I had a bad experience with them too. But I had a bad time with lockheart's in courtland too, so, who's left around here? (actually lockheart's said they will make it up to me somehow, so I'll give them credit for that).

I dropped my boat off 2 weeks before vacation asking them to change all the driveshaft seals (carbon rings, ss rings, accordion boots, etc...) as well as new neoprene seals and pump oil changes. Every time I asked if the boat was ready I was told they hadn't gotten to it yet. On the day before I was to leave on vacay I called to say I had one day left before I was picking it up, fixed or not. We had agreed on one week, it had been two. They said they'd do it that day. Three hours later I was told it was done and to come and get it. I arrived to find out that they had pulled it all apart and put it back together with the original parts as "they looked fine." so basically I paid 350 to have them do nothing but change the pump oil. They also said they pond tested it for leaks. I had brought it in with a cavitation issue. I towed it 5 hours to the lake and needless to say the cavitation was still there and the engine bay filled with water from a leak.

Last week I changed all the driveline seals and resolved the cavitation. The guys at the dealership said that carbon seals don't often go bad. Well they had and that's why I asked them to change them.

While changing the parts myself last week I noticed the left pump cone was missing a bolt and was loose. No oil inside. The cone had melted and the pump, impeller, bearings, etc, were trashed. Seems they forgot to put blue lock tite on the bolts. I won't be going back there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team Vincent replaced the stripped part they sold me, ill probably shop there again.

Sorry to hear that. I am picking up my 2011 rxt today. They replaced the supercharger, re: blown bearing after 60hrs. Hopefully they did the job correctly. I live near Port Colborne and the nearest dealership is Beidas believe me you don't want to have anything done by them. I have had work done in the past by Factory Recreation where I purchased my skis from but that being said I am not 100% satisfied with their work and the fact that they are 3 hrs away. My point being I have been to these three dealerships and am not satisfied with any of them. Its pretty bad when I seem to have more knowledge than any of their Service Managers/Mechanics. So where do I go to get competent service?

Maybe it was just a one-off for them. I'm sure they did your's properly. I think they like working on newer stuff. There is a guy in Dunnville who does work out of his home garage who I hear is excellent. I bought a pump from him but didn't have any service done. PM me if you would like his info.

One last thing about Lockharts and then I'll leave them alone. After I found the seized/burned/twisted mess of a pump I called them. Not their fault they said but they could fix it for me. He said he had just done the exact same Job for another customer for 1300 bucks as it took them hours to get the impeller out (they fuze to the impeller shaft. It had also moved into the housing so couldn't go in the vise). What kind of guy do you have to be to charge someone 1300 bucks to fix a pump when you could replace it for 1/4 of that price?

I will say that their parts guys and gal are very good, and very friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referred to cjm performance right near bideas. Took my challenger two him yesterday (Tuesday) he already diagnosed my fuel problem and I'm supposed to get it back tomorrow (Thursday). When I dropped it off chad (I believe he's one of the owners) answered all my questions and didn't rush off. Promised I'd have it back for the weekend and after talking to him today seems everything's in order. Ill try to remember to post a follow up response to how it runs when I get it back. He rebuilt the carbs on both engines

I just purchased my machine a few weeks ago, I called Beida's which is about 30 mins away and Lockhart's is about an hour away. After trying to deal with the salesmen I ended going to St.Thomas to Andrews Sports 2 hours away. He was willing to negotiate the price a bit ($300) off his original price and was easy to deal with. I will travel for good service.
Also I am about 2 kms down the road from the guy in Dunnville that works out of his garage so if anyone ever needed something picked up or need someone to go out in the water with, drop me a line.

Maybe it was just a one-off for them. I'm sure they did your's properly. I think they like working on newer stuff. There is a guy in Dunnville who does work out of his home garage who I hear is excellent. I bought a pump from him but didn't have any service done. PM me if you would like his info.

ha, dunnville garages, lol. are you sure the pump wasnt stolen?

Hey can you send me this guys info?

Back