couple questions...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydipps

okay guys... i took the ski out all day yesterday.. ive noticed a few things i wanna share and get your thoughts on..

first, my gps died so i couldnt get an accurate mph but my rpms were only hovering around 7900-maybe i hit 8000 once.. but from about 7750+ it was a pretty slow climb... around 80* air temp and water temp around 62* i wouldnt say i was in chop but it wasnt like glass for sure it was normal swells for a bay... i know we loose some rpms with higher water temp and air temp but is this, this normal??

second, my reverse lever is a little tight once its fully engaged in reverse to put it back in "drive".. i had to really put some UMMFFF into it for it to close.. again is this normal? i remember my buddies old fxho being tough but i dont remember it being this tough..

third, when i put my key onto the post 9 times out of 10 ill get the normal two beeps... the other time i get one long beep and i have to remove the key and put it back on... i would say maybe 3 out of those 9 times when i get the two beeps ill press the start button and it will only "click".. i have to wiggle the key on the post and sometimes it will start.. if not then i have to remove the key again and put it back on the post.. upwards of 2-3 times before itll actually start..

any thoughts??

oh... to add to the third issue... the dealer was supposed to replace the DESS stalk a few months ago when it went in for the whole submarine adventure.. maybe they didnt?

One long beep is the MPEM not recognizing the key.

Clean the key and the post and it normally solves that issue.

One long beep is the MPEM not recognizing the key.

Clean the key and the post and it normally solves that issue.

what do you use to clean the key?? ive heard that before so out on the water ill kinda run my fingernail down the metal strip in the key and sorta clean off the post with my hands but i dont think my method is doing much haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back