Cost Estimate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

What do you think a shop would charge to repack bearings and replace my trailer 4 leaf springs? If the bearings were to be replaced how much additional cost would you think?

Also can anyone recommend a good shop in the Tampa Bay area?

Thanks Guys!

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I do it myself and own a bearing packing tool. For me to do a complete tear down, clean all grease away from the bearings using diesel fuel, and repack the bearings it takes about 1.5 hours. New bearings are cheap, maybe $15 per side.

If you drive to my area I'll donut for free for you. I'm just south of Fort Lauderdale airport by 15 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do it myself and own a bearing packing tool. For me to do a complete tear down, clean all grease away from the bearings using diesel fuel, and repack the bearings it takes about 1.5 hours. New bearings are cheap, maybe $15 per side.

If you drive to my area I'll donut for free for you. I'm just south of Fort Lauderdale airport by 15 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe,

I appreciate the offer, but I live in Tampa. I watched a video on packing the bearings and its look fairly simple. I would do the springs myself like a did several years ago. The problem is this year they are really corroded on. Very simple job if I could just get the bolts off. :)

Thanks,
Jim

The estimate should run about $140-150 total for a standard trailer, half parts half labor. I have a local trailer shop that only charges $10 for a re-pack per side, which is dirt cheap. I dropped off my double at the shop for a repack a few months back and they called me an hour later and said the bearings were shot, and the leaf springs were questionable, they quoted me $147 ish total and I let them do it because it was wednesday and I had a ride planned for Saturday, didn't want to be scrambling to do it friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back