coolest mod for challenger 180SE?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be tapered or strait with a keyway. Only automotive stuff is splined. Perhaps wait until winter and make it a project like I am doing at the moment. You will need a puller to get your wheel off.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be tapered or strait with a keyway. Only automotive stuff is splined. Perhaps wait until winter and make it a project like I am doing at the moment. You will need a puller to get your wheel off.

:agree: That's what I'm going to do. The only thing that I'm worried about is my remote diameter. The cutout hole should be a little over 3". Most of the wheels have 2" holes and then the holes for the lugs and nuts. I'm afraid there'll not be enough space to cut the hole. Here is a pic w/ my remote parameters.
R.jpg

I've done some measuring for you and that Sony remote is way bigger than the alpine one. From what I have measured you will be able to mill out an 80mm hole in most wheels inc the spare momo marine wheel I used to measure. Your problem will be finding a wheel with enough meat on it to sit the 98mm dia remote. The diffrence between your install and mine is yours will drop in the top whereas mine is sandwiched between the wheel and boss.

I've done some measuring for you and that Sony remote is way bigger than the alpine one. From what I have measured you will be able to mill out an 80mm hole in most wheels inc the spare momo marine wheel I used to measure. Your problem will be finding a wheel with enough meat on it to sit the 98mm dia remote. The diffrence between your install and mine is yours will drop in the top whereas mine is sandwiched between the wheel and boss.

So the lenght between two opposite holes on your wheel is more than 80mm? Because most of the wheels I checked have like 2 3/4" lenght between them.

It's roughly 80mm. Regardless of this you will lose all locating holes on your steering wheel. Our adapter bracket will attach to the three legs on the wheel and go around the back side of the remote
on

We will attach using the below method
It's roughly 80mm. Regardless of this you will lose all locating holes on your steering wheel. Our adapter bracket will attach to the three legs on the wheel and go around the back side of the remote
on

It's winter time in most of the world. There aren't a bunch of people on the board right now.

Personally... I have mixed feelings on it. it's a novel place to put it... but it makes it hard for anyone else to change the channel while you are driving. Isn't the stereo head close to the driver already?

Hi dr Honda, in the 2011/12 180's they have the head unit in the top glovebox making it difficult for anyone bar the pAssenger to change tunes. I also have 2 x more MC2's that I could put in. I'm definitely doing one on the back swim deck and the other I'm undecided weather to install or not. I also have a few mobile remotes for it too which will come in handy for other passengers.

The dash on the new 180's leaves little room for modification either. The standard Jensen remote will probably stay due to the custom moulding for it.

OK... then that makes sense. I knew some of the boat had the radio over by the glove-box.

If you can stack the remotes... and can still put one back on the swim deck... then that would be cool.

I'm not the kind of guy who needs a big system... but I've been thinking about putting in a head unit that can support 2 remotes. That way, I can put one on the front, and rear swim decks of the islandia.

With the alpine gear it all works on RF. You will need 1x alpine marine HU, 1 x MC20 with receiver unit, you can then add as many of the MC2 units as you feel like! All each remote will need is 12v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back