Cleaning the motor after riding

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

tomespo

I know my friends like to wash any salt residue off of the motor and WD-40 it. How is everyone cleaning theirs? I can't see people removing the whole top of the ski every single ride. Also there are no drains on the back so I'm assuming there is no way to drain it if water got inside?
Thanks

There is a drain located in the rear recessed area bottom right of pump on both of mine. I believe this is the hull drain.

I know my friends like to wash any salt residue off of the motor and WD-40 it. How is everyone cleaning theirs? I can't see people removing the whole top of the ski every single ride. Also there are no drains on the back so I'm assuming there is no way to drain it if water got inside?
Thanks

There is a drain plug in the back. Make sure you close it before launching. I open it for the ride home. Just to drain any water that might get in.
I spray the motor down from the side access cover. Then I lift up the trailer by hand to drain all the water out. I have an aluminum trailer so it doesn't weigh much. Make sure the motor is cooled down. Then I store it with the side cover off just so that any monster inside can dry up.

My routine when I get home:
Wash entire ski
Dry it off
Rinse motor
Drain water
Flush for about a minute
Dry any drips
Store with side cover off to vent moisture.

Side note always remember when flushing
Ski on first, then water
Water off, then ski off.

Jay

Back