Check key error

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobNY11563

I've only seen a few people post about 'check key error'. I was riding my 2020 gti se on the ocean. Was running with no issues and for no reason engine stopped. I tried to restart and nothing, had a 'check key' error. My friend towed me to a safer place and then had another friend get me my spare key which had the same error.

Although I had the dealer pick it up as it's still under warranty...I have not seen much on this and the fact it happened after functioning normal with no issues prior makes me wonder how it's even possible.

I lucked out it was a decent day on the ocean and I was close to the inlet. I will find out from the dealer this week but was hoping someone could weigh in

Check your voltage and battery cables for tightness. Have seen charging system fail or even batteries fail while riding and will cause this type of error.

Finally spoke to the service coordinator today at the dealer.... the tech said the batter has 10.3 volts but no amps. SO they say it's the battery.

I will look on the forums, was just curious how a batter has voltage but no amperage. The battery is just over 2 years old....I have used a trickle charger in the past (solar because there is no power on the floating dock where I store)....in the past if I didn't do that I would get the 'low battery' sound when I started it as it's down in FL and I only go down (at most) once a month).

Charge the battery to 12,6 volts,,,then load test it,,,if that passes,,start it up and see if it is charging,,,and as skidoo suggested,,,check your connections,

Very common for a bad battery to have voltage without amperage. Voltage you can think of as potential power whereas amperage is the actual current flowing through the wires. That is why this forum usually suggests you get your battery load tested and do not rely on voltage readings to determine the health of your battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back