Check engine codes? No dealerships here!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Lutra

We have a pair of 2016 Sparks on a little island in the bahamas, far from dealerships.
One has ibr and trim, the other does not.
the one with ibr first started not going over 25mph. It felt like it would speed up for 5 seconds then slow down 5 seconds then repeat. Did spark plugs and the idiot that did them forgot to install one so it blew the coil pack out of the motor. Got new plugs and put it all back together but now "Check Engine" comes across the screen, it beeps very loud, and wont go over 25.
At some point, I tried the really dumb idea of swapping head units. Now the other one won't even start.

I got a brp > OBD2 adapter. Can I plug this into a standard OBD2 scan tool or do I need a Candoo or Tactrix? They have been out of commission forever now... PLEASE help!

Yes I have disconnected the batteries for extended periods of time. I tried riding the one at 25mph for 15 minutes and still nothing. It rides like a charm, despite the check engine light.

Now that I think about it, I also had to do the wear ring on the one that won't go over 25....perhaps it's jet is still messed up?

no one taking orders at pwcmuscle on saturdays? won't ship til monday i assume? Can take up to a week to ship things here just from ft lauderdale

no one taking orders at pwcmuscle on saturdays? won't ship til monday i assume? Can take up to a week to ship things here just from ft lauderdale
Did you order? Missed this message. We take calls on the weekend usually but this weekend we were out.

You can PM me anytime on here and I will get it right away!

We have a pair of 2016 Sparks on a little island in the bahamas, far from dealerships.
the one with ibr first started not going over 25mph. It felt like it would speed up for 5 seconds then slow down 5 seconds then repeat. Did spark plugs and the idiot that did them forgot to install one so it blew the coil pack out of the motor. Got new plugs and put it all back together but now "Check Engine" comes across the screen, it beeps very loud, and wont go over 25.
At some point, I tried the really dumb idea of swapping head units. Now the other one won't even start.

I got a brp > OBD2 adapter. Can I plug this into a standard OBD2 scan tool or do I need a Candoo or Tactrix? They have been out of commission forever now... PLEASE help!

Yes I have disconnected the batteries for extended periods of time. I tried riding the one at 25mph for 15 minutes and still nothing. It rides like a charm, despite the check engine light.
Sounds like it is in Limp Mode, you should be able to read a code on your screen and diagnose from there.

I am having same issue. Stick caught into propeller and damaged wear ring. The wear ring was replaced. Next time on water, the machine went a max speed of 24, then send check engine message. Took to dealer and they couldn't figure it out. They suggested changing spark plugs. Did that and ran it with same result. Took to another dealer, they hooked it up and ran in test tank. They could not get error code to trigger. They ran it on the lake and did get an error code. They said it was fixed. I took it back out and same issue. Hit 24 mph and check engine comes on. It will not go any faster. Any ideas?

I have a similar problem check engine light yet it runs great no slow down no sputter just keeps popping on. Any ideas??

I'm getting a P0608 and P1611 (Which is not listed) but I suspect they are related. Any idea where to start searching for the P0608 code. I'm used to diagnosing cars. Its a 2006 seadoo GTI SE 4tec

Back