Change Anti-freeze change

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTR

Hi, BRP maintenance indicates that the Anti-freeze should be replaced at 200 hours, good idea? Easy job? Thanks.

Easy enough to get a lot of it out. Drain is in ride plate. Shop manuals for these are all over the Internet for free, download one and see if there's a specific procedure that needs to be follow. Have only drained one, won't be filling it until I do a bunch of motor work :)

Did it a two years ago. Ended up phoning prestone as labeling unclear on additives and believe there are two you don't want for the 4-tec (silicate and borate?), a person answered and the bottle I had in hand (in the store was good).

Cannot recall the specifics but followed the manual and was straightforward. Did flush it with a fill, run in lake, before fill with coolant (and distilled water mixture IIRC). Believe the main thing is to check levels after a brief ride (and monitor temps). Recall that having a second person helped - think it was one person filling and other person sealing system when fresh coolant started to pour out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks lineofsight, looking at the manual it's part of the winterizing and I thought really? Maybe 200 hours but once a year? Anyway the level hasn't changed in 3 seasons and I tested it when warm and it was good for - 45. So I should be good. I store them outside in northern Ontario.

I changed mine primarily because boat was 2 years old off the lot and after had it for 3 years figured about time in terms of inhibitors, wetters, whatever may be in the solution (mine is stored in garage that stays above freezing, one of the benefits of being south on the wet coast).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back