Challenger 2000 Can I surf behind it ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne99

I have a Challenger 2000. I have 2 large tupperware containers that I used as balast tanks in the engine compartment this summer and they definetly increased my wake size. Now I have ordered a 550 launch pad that I am going to put in the ski locker. I am guessing I will have about 1000lbs all together. If I find some large guys to sit on the drivers rear corner do you think I will be able to surf in the wake ? It's a 20 foot boat and the hull should dig in enough but it is a jetboat and the wakes are different to begin with.

Anyone think this is possible ? Has anyone ever heard of anyone surfing behind a Seadoo boat ? Just curious if this is possible as I love to surf but have never tried it behind a boat.

Thanks,

Wayne

That's awesome! Thanks. I never thought of that!

If you want to watch another interesting thrill, type Terrain Flying, into You tube.

These guys put on a body suit, that gives them aerodynamic flow, and a parachute. Then, jump off mountains, and SKIM the edge of the mountain, by 2 to 16 feet, and fly down at around 120-150 mph. As they near the ground, they go away from the wall, and open the chute.

Awesome!

Nate

I did this to my surfboard late this fall, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet...

Figured I would tow-surf because I figured there wouldn't be enough wake to surf on. Besides, that video of the kid surfing the wake looked BORING!!! He needs to "wake" up and get busy on that board:reddevil:

Got the adhesive pads and straps from the internet. Mainly got it for the "big" days at the beach so my dad can pull me in on the XP. Haven't tried THAT yet either.

Attachments

• straps.jpg
    straps.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Also, was talking with a friend who wake boards behind a Malibu, and he says he drags a "plow" behind his boat when pulling wake skiers. I didn't see this thing, but he says it drags in the water behind the boat and causes a larger wake.

I might look that up on the internet to see if it is common and look into it...

That's awesome! Thanks. I never thought of that!

If you want to watch another interesting thrill, type Terrain Flying, into You tube.

These guys put on a body suit, that gives them aerodynamic flow, and a parachute. Then, jump off mountains, and SKIM the edge of the mountain, by 2 to 16 feet, and fly down at around 120-150 mph. As they near the ground, they go away from the wall, and open the chute.

Awesome!

Nate
Yes you are right. That looks like it would be a thrill who wants to be next? http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=TfG9fjyKZ50

After watching all of those videos, I think it is possible. I am going to load up my boat this spring with balasts and people and see if it is possible. Yes the surfing looks like it could get boring but I bet the feeling of not having a tow rope is very cool !! Plus it would be cool to be able to talk to people when your surfing and Im sure there are tricks to be learned.

It was just boring the way he was doing it. No airs, nothing off the lip, just straight-off adolf...

Ballaast tanks

Guys hope you have plenty of money for gas. I filled my two tanks up last year and it is a great wake BUT to pull a wakeboarder at around 15 to 20 it took over half throttle! And boys does she get thristy.
OH well come on summer Time :cool:

Guys hope you have plenty of money for gas. I filled my two tanks up last year and it is a great wake BUT to pull a wakeboarder at around 15 to 20 it took over half throttle! And boys does she get thristy.
OH well come on summer Time :cool:

Could be worse you could have a speed boat thast burns a $100 every 10 min:reddevil:

I guess mine gets good gas mileage. I can drive it at 3/4 to full throttle for 5 hours on half a tank. A full tank lasts me all weekend, since we spend several of those hours on the beach playing in the water and tossing a ball for the dog.

But in an 8 hour day, we are cruising for at least 4-5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back