Challenger 2000 - 2nd Battery Location?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinsvt

I bought an Optima Blue top to serve as my backup battery as well as a battery switch. Where is a good installation location for the second battery. Currently, the main battery uses all the platform area available and i cant find a feasible location for the second battery. Also, where in the engine bay is a safe spot to drill the battery base into?

Hello,
I have (2) Optima Blue top batteries and I mounted them next to each and did not put any additional holes in my hull. What I did is make an aluminum plate large enough to hold (2) battery bases on it, adjusted it for the best fit in the area, and then transferred the the location points holding the existing battery box on the hull to it. Mounted the plate in the onto the hull and then mounted the (2) battery boxes and batteries to it. I wired the batteries in parallel and used the existing switch.
I also installed a NOCO Genius on-board battery charger so all I need to do is bring an extension cord to it to charge them.
I can snap a couple of photos and send them to you if you would like to see how it came out.
Mike

I bolted a 1/4” aluminum plate down to the old mounting location and installed the batteries on top of that.

Has been flawless for 10 years now.

Attachments

• 0DCDBA2B-9F83-44E7-9750-5EFF6E588041.jpeg
    0DCDBA2B-9F83-44E7-9750-5EFF6E588041.jpeg
    719.7 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back