Challenger 180 vs Speedster 200 510hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrayyan

Which one should I go with (Challenger 180 vs Speedster 200 510hp)? Note, this boat will end up in the sea.... avg. 10 knots windspeed.

Also, I have a son who is 2 years old.

I was in a similar situation and I ended up getting the 200. Mine is an 08 with the twin 215's. I was in the market and looking at the Challenger because of the size. They had my current boat as a leftover and I got a great deal which really was the deciding factor. It's a little bigger but not too much. Another factor , safety wise, was a second engine just in case something went wrong.

Since I've been on a new Challenger recently and I like the ride of the Speedster better.

Thanks guys for your responses.

So here is the situation I am in:

1. Sea Doo Challenger 180 SE 255hp 2011 model "brand new" for $32,000
2. Sea Doo Speedster 200 510hp 2010 model with 50 hours on the engine for $30,500

So the main difference is brand new and not brand new with 1 year of difference.

Also, what is the best for family and open water (salt-water sea)...where the average wind speed is 10 knots... ?

I would've gone the other way. For a family boat I would've thought the c180 would deliver better rough handling and more living space, ie the bow seating area is bigger and the rear area is the same size. The windscreens will be a better option for kids and wives too. That said for yourself alone the s200 by far. The Little ones will get nervous in rough water or at ultra high speed generally above 70kph until about 7 years old.

That is not a great price for a 2011 model. Look on ebay and you should be able to find a challenger in the high 20s for a new 2011 model. Either that or buy a new 2012 for 32k. I drove a 2011 C180 and the dealer wanted 32k for one with a tower and 30K without. Trailer, lifevests, and bumpers were all included. I have no experience with the Speedster 200, although I would love to drive one. If gas consumption is an issue, I would really think twice about having two engines sucking it down. Bottom line is test drive both and see what works best for you. BTW, when I drove the C180, it was in about 2-3' chop and it rode great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back