Challenger 180 2008 no beep wont start.gauge comes on flashes 3 times then goes off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, wondering if someone can help me out.
I have a 2008 challenger 180. Took it out on the bay yesterday boat worked fine all day. Stopped and started multiple times. At the end of the day on our way in when i was just idling along about to pick up speed to come in the boat cut out and wouldnt start again.
After getting her out of the water i charged the battery and tested all good, 12.6 volts.
Tried to start multiple times with no luck.
When i attach the dess key to the post i dont get any beep, the gauge comes on says welcome, then lights flash 3 times and gauge goes off with only the compass staying on.
When attaching the dess key i also hear one click and the fuel pump seems to kick in...
Anyone have any ideas of what could be the issue?

Couple of thoughts..

1.. did you check for debris in the pump (impeller)
2..does it make any sound when you hit the start button?
3..no beeps at all?
4.. did you try moving the bucket control. F-N-R?

Couple of thoughts..

1.. did you check for debris in the pump (impeller)
2..does it make any sound when you hit the start button?
3..no beeps at all?
4.. did you try moving the bucket control. F-N-R?
Nope no beeps at all. No debris in impeller, tried moving the shifter around in and out of neutral, bucket moves freely. No sound at all when hitting start. When the key is initially plugged in you can here one small click and the fuel pump engage that’s it, dash gauges start then blink a couple times then go away all together leaving only the compass on the gauge. Checked motor ground seems ok no resistance.

Sounds like the dess post went bad. Also called the safety switch. I am currently working on a 15 GTI 130 and it has the same issue. I will replace the post and update you. Unfortunately for me the owner calls me to fix the on off button. Says it also shuts off while Riding. Brings me the ski and the button has already been replaced. And the ski won't start. Says it's the battery. After charging the battery still no start but the same issues you're experiencing. So I run all the tests and it's most likely the post. So I'll change it and let you know Thursday.

Do you have another key? Any key will do just to confirm it is not your key.

Also, have read before that items that are on the CAN network if they short out will affect the CAN as a whole which prevent communication. This would be the depth and speed sensor if so equipped. Try pulling the fuse for them.

Just trying to give you simple things to try that don't cost $$ before you start playing parts roulette.

I haven’t tried another key yet will try that when I can get another one programmed and test the dess post as well but Just trying to rule out anything simple that could be wrong before I get it to someone who can get it programmed. Thanks for the help guys, if there’s anything simple comes to mind over the next few days that could be the problem let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back