Cell phone mount for Sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul-at-theTub

Good day,

Navionics makes a great chart app for Android/iOS for those boating in larger bodies of water or unfamiliar terriroty. Shows depth, measures speed, distance, plots courses, etc. All very useful for me as the boat only has a fuel gauge. Ideally I would like to use a cell phone mount on the helm somewhere but it would have to be very secure - big waves = big bounce. Anyone come up with something ingenious to share?

There are a few that motorcycle guys use... but I personally don't like most of them. If it was me... I would head over to Target or Walmart... look for a cheap, waterproof phone in the "pay card" phone section... and just use industrial Velcro to hold it to a flat spot. That way, you don't have to worry about your expensive, personal phone. FYI... I have 3 android phones that I paid $30 or less for... for "Hobby" uses, and my personal iPhone stays in my pocket.

I'd try this. Ram Mounts are the best for all sorts of applications. I don't have one for our boat, but I think I'll get one now that I'm thinking about it.
RAM® X-Grip® Large Phone Mount with RAM-A-CAN™ II Cup Holder Base
Part# RAP-299-3-UN10U

Patented

The RAM X-Grip is the way to go and so simple to use. I think you could mount one on a paint shaker and the phone wouldn't come loose. You just need to position it so the rubber fingers don't push buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back