Where to mount cell phone on 2005 Sportster?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyzFunBoat

On my 2005 Sportster Le DI, I'm looking for suggestions on how and where to mount a cell phone. I'm using my cell phone for a GPS speedometer, and to control my aft-side mounted blue tooth stereo.

My Samsung Galaxy S5 is IP67 water resistant and I found a sturdy cell phone mounting system that allows me to rotate and pivot the phone at just about any angle. The mount is designed for a bicycle handlebar stem bolt.

Since I will need to drill one 6mm hole in the boat for the bolt that holds the mount, I want to get this right! The bolt will have a nut and lock washer on the other side. The best place I've come up with so far is like this:
cell phone mounting location 01.jpg

Or this:
cell phone mounting location 02.jpg

Anyone have any other suggestions or comments?

Option 2 seems a little safer for the phone
Check out the candoo gps speed sensor

I decided to go with option 2. The candoo CPS sensor looks interesting, but I opted for my cell phone to use as a speedometer, because it also serves as the radio's blue tooth controller and my action cam controller.

I found a really clever cell phone mount on eBay that is designed for mounting to a bicycle stem. As you can see from the pictures, it mounts fairly flush and allows me to tilt the angle of my phone. Also, it allows me to rotate my phone 90 degrees if I choose. The included stainless steel bolt and nut worked perfectly. All I did was drill the hole and add a lock washer.
Here is the link to the mount http://r.ebay.com/yc5J00

completed cell phone mount - 01.jpg

completed cell phone mount - 02.jpg

completed cell phone mount - 03.jpg

completed cell phone mount - 04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back