Carbon Seal Kits

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kazanka101

Hello,

So I have a 2013 Seadoo GTR215. I was looking at doing some maintenance. Previously asked about the supercharger but while thats being done I thought I might replace the carbon seal and support ring, etc.

The ski just hit the 100 hour maintenance. I was looking to get an OEM kit but doesn't appear there is one. I can't even find the OEM Carbon Seal. It just has a "Ref 2019-4" on the part. Is it best to get the OEM for these parts or is it okay to go aftermarket? I hear a lot of mixed things of some working, I know never to go aftermarket with bearings though. Yet, that brings up another question...When do you need to replace the ball bearing w/ bellows? Is that something that needs replaced after x hours?

I guess I could just put a parts order together and get an after market carbon seal but figured I'd ask the question.

My next thing is I plan to check the jetpump out, pulling the nose cone and making sure its still good.

The carbon seal is a inspection only item at 100hrs. There is no hour or time interval on its replacement. If it’s not leaking or throwing the carbon seal dust leave it. The only replacement items at 100 hrs are the oil, supercharger clutch washers, and the often overlooked IBR friction sleeves. There are lubrication items like the drive shaft splines, and IBR torque values on the bolts. There are maintenance schedule charts in your service manual.

@skiasylum thank you! I didn't have a manual at all when I got the ski but I recently discovered BRP has them online. I could never find them when I searched but someone found it for me this week.

When doing the supercharger rebuild, aren't the clutch washers part of that? For the most part the engine bay of my 2013 GTR215 is pretty clean. Nothing really black around the carbon seal. I spray everything metal down with WD40 every few times out. Since it is a saltwater jetski I try to prevent corrosion as much as possible.

I think I'm going to try and remove the supercharger myself, if I have trouble with it I'm going to just take it in. I can at least say I tried! Most of the time I work on cars and stuff yet I've never dealt with superchargers. My other ski doesn't have one and I maintain that one on my own.

I was more so thinking it would be easy just to replace the carbon seal since the super charger was out. More room to work with, yet I think I may save that project for the off season. The last year has been rough. Mid-year I had the jetpump fail on my older one and had to replace it mid-covid and shipping took over a month. By the time it was working I got maybe 3 or 4 uses out of it and the first time out the driveshaft falls apart. So they've seen the water once this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back