Carb ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary pope

Ok I picked up a 95 mastercraft kraze jet ski...my winter project is going to be to rebuild the carb on it. Here’s my question.....I found out that the motor in it is actually the Yamaha 701 if I’m not mistaking. The ski was last registered in 99 so I’m guessing it was only ran for them couple years and then just sat because when I tire the jet pump out of it it looked like the damn west ring and impeller was still brand new. I did originally get it to fire up and ran it s few times. Can I use parts from my left over carb kits from my speedster jet boat carbs to rebuild it? Pictured is the carb in question...mk-bn38/44 spr was the part number from my speedster carbs.. also what should the low speed and high speed jets be set at?

Attachments

• 268C6BA9-B9FE-465F-AA65-B55969C92174.jpeg
    268C6BA9-B9FE-465F-AA65-B55969C92174.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
It’s going to be harder to find since they didn’t make that many and they tuning is different than the Yamaha.

It is a Yamaha 701 but it uses an exhaust pipe specific to that model and I am sure different carb tuning because of that.

You should count the turns in and write it down on each screw before taking it apart. You should actually do that on any carb you take apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back