Carb Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgrill

Just bought a 97 GTX and cleaned the carbs and trying to get it tuned. The plastic caps from the factory are no longer on them so i am not sure what to set them to. Anyone know what the settings should be without the plastic caps?

http://www.seadoosource.com/carbreference.html

1997GTX787270500284270500285BN-40I (SB)MAIN-142.5 PILOT-701.527050026723 - 43LOW- 1 HIGH- (MAG-0 PTO-1/2)

while its apart check to see that you have the correct sized jets and needle in there. also your spring should be the 80 gram black one. apparently on 97 gtx, the high speed screws are slightly different depending on the carb.

test your pop-off pressure and make sure its around 35-38 psi and do a leak down test on the carb. if they fail either 1 of those tests you need to rebuild the carbs with genuine mikuni parts

not sure how to do a pop-off or leak down test. I believe my spring is silver in color. Are those the settings without the plastic cap that only allows for small adjustments?

Go through the carb rebuild sticky on the top of the forum. There is a good explanation of the pop off and leak down test in there.

not sure how to do a pop-off or leak down test. I believe my spring is silver in color. Are those the settings without the plastic cap that only allows for small adjustments?

the plastic caps are there just to make sure the high speed jet adjuster doesnt move after its been set but they arent necessary. You just need to set your high speed screw on your carbs to the factory setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back