RESTO Carb rebuild options for 1997 GSX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dima25

I'm looking at buying the carb rebuild kit @ OSD, and there are a ton of optional additional o-rings and gaskets to choose from, do I need any of those for a 97 Seadoo GSX? Or am I good to go with a base kit? The Seadoo has about 97 hours on it and ran great last year, now after replacing the fuel selector valve and fuel lines, i can't get it to suck gas into the carbs, I'm thinking it needs a carb rebuild, suggestions?

Sounds like a sure case of having a fuel line swapped to me. A GSX is not the friendliest machine to swap fuel lines on. If you could post a pic we could probably pinpoint the issue.

The fuel line routing.

I would pull your carbs and see how the big black o-rings look. IF they are still soft and hold their shape you can reuse them. IF not order the new ones under "optional".
You also need to order new needle and seats too, yours are 1.5. Also make sure your springs are black. If they are any other color they are wrong and you will need to order new ones also. Yours takes the Black 80gm ones.

The routing of the lines is correct since I have two identical skis and i removed and replaced one hose at a time cutting the new hoses to the length of the OEM gray ones, and if i force fuel into the carbs it runs, but as soon as i pull the choke lever it dies and seems like it's not providing suction to pull in the fuel from the tank

Double check the seal on the fuel water separator bowl. As you said, the entire system must be vacuum tight. You could run a line directly from the reserve nipple on the baffle to the carb inlet. If it runs that way, you have a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back