cant get advanced diagnotics and cant program new key (one long beep when attatch lanyard)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

frederick

i have a 2004 seadoo 3d rfi one long beep when attatch lanyard (so needs new key) when dealer went through process it would not work
tried new post same result also wont go into advanced diagnostics mode when you press stop/start 5 times nothing happens
checked all fuses all fine cant see any bad connections
any sujestions welcome (thinking it may be stop/start switch)
should have been on 3d forum but dont know how to alter it

Last edited:
I've had a couple of skis that won't respond to anything until I insert the key. The system won't come on so I can't enter the advanced mode. Fortunately the skis start and run. I've had some issues in the past with the plugs going into the ECM not making good contact. I find the 3 wide blades are the big issues. I had a 1997 that wouldn't see the off/on switch function. I cleaned the blades and it worked fine. I put some dielectric grease on the blades when I finished. Perhaps you could clean them up and see if it helps. Good Luck.

ECM Picture.jpg

I've had a couple of skis that won't respond to anything until I insert the key. The system won't come on so I can't enter the advanced mode. Fortunately the skis start and run. I've had some issues in the past with the plugs going into the ECM not making good contact. I find the 3 wide blades are the big issues. I had a 1997 that wouldn't see the off/on switch function. I cleaned the blades and it worked fine. I put some dielectric grease on the blades when I finished. Perhaps you could clean them up and see if it helps. Good Luck.

View attachment 46316
thanks for reply will try that (will try any thing tbh) think next step is to break for parts before it breaks me ha ha

I use the "house rules" method. I try to fix, troubleshoot with parts on hand. Fortunately for me I got the parts of many jet skis nearby. I'm going to try to get some ECMs that are good spares so I can use them for troubleshooting. Good Luck !!

i had it to dealers to program key but he dosnt seem to know whats wrong and couldnt program key
only got a few quid in it so may break it and keep parts for next project like you say nice to have some spare parts on hand cheers fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back