Excessive oil in bay and bilge, Smoke and No Power, Corroded Ground Post, Intermittent Starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWCairHEAD

2005 3D RFI 787 ... Ski is new to me. Went out 5 times. I was seeing oil on top of the engine and on other things after every ride, and i racked my brain for days trying to figure out where it was coming from. Then, because I was having another issue as well, i decided to pull the rear deck, just to look around. I was shocked to see thick and deep amounts of oil and greasy water in the bilge.
I decided to call the previous owner, and he casually decided to tell me that he had left the cap off the oil tank once, and that a ton of oil spilled out, which he thought he had gotten cleaned up. I looked into the air intake tubes and there is a huge puddle of oil at the bottom, which cannot be seen from any other angle or view. Is it possible I was lied to about the oil spill , and there is actually a leak somewhere?
It ran pretty well the first few times. Plugs fouled out, and it just ran worse and worse every time, until the last time i had half throttle max and went through 3/4 tank of gas in an hour.. Now when I start it, it smokes pretty thick at times and sometimes not at all for a few seconds on start up,, but there will be a cloud.. Now afterr I start it once, it will long beep, and short beeps and wont turn over. If I let it sit awhile, sometimes an hour, it will start again.
Can someone give me an idea of what problems the spilt oil could potentially cause, what it could be from, or if I may have been lied to? I dropped an Allen wrench while I was checking the rave valves, and when i fished it out from under the engine, it was covered in oil. I guess i need to pressure test the oil system and do a compression test. How can I clean out the oil under the engine? does anyone know any mechanics in NC, SC, VA, or have a candopro to help me diagnose the starting problem? Oh yeah, one other thing, the ground post with the group of wires on separate connectors that all attach to the post above oil pump area is corroded like its been shorting out. Someone had an adaptor installed for a trickle charger and I know the rule about jump starting and i don't plan to use the trickle charge. I wonder if that could have caused the connections at the ground post to all be corroded. I didn't notice it when I bought it. Everything looked so new.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back