Canadian Customs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dbracela

Premium Member
Premium Member
My parts from the states arrived today. When I saw the delivery guy at the door I immediately grabbed my wallet expecting to pay the fees. You know, duty, taxes, border fees, brokerage fees, save the beaver fees, and the prime minister needs a haircut fee... that generally add about 30 to 40 percent to the cost of an order. I was pleasantly surprised to have to pay zero fees, and noticed on the shipping label that the company I ordered from listed the value of the contents at 50 bucks. The order was for over $400 worth of parts. God bless those guys. I don't want to list the company name for fear of bringing down the wrath of Revenue but I'm sure you all know who they are.

Anyway, I used to order all my parts for project cars from the states as the prices are usually 30% cheaper (at least). The last thing I ordered was a complete suspension for $800 bucks and was wicked happy at the price. The bubble burst when UPS arrived at my door demanding $350 bucks in fees and taxes. So now I pay the stupid high canadian prices for the same product manufactured by the same company in the same warehouse. I know I should buy Canadian but hey, I'm tired of being hosed. So my question is this: does anyone in Southern Ontario know of a place that is Stateside that will hold packages for pick up? Even if I do declare what I'm brining back I can at least save on brokerage fees.

Thanks in advance, Dan.

Hear yah man ... here is a site that helps me to determine how much that bill will be ...

www.thefinalcost.com

Sorry I can't help with any stateside dealers but at least the link will let you know how much mcguinty and harper are going to rape your ass for!

Looks like getting something shipped by USPS can save brokerage fees.Any idea about buying a used item from a private seller,would it be shipped just like a birthday gift with no fees besides the shipping cost.

My parts from the states arrived today. When I saw the delivery guy at the door I immediately grabbed my wallet expecting to pay the fees. You know, duty, taxes, border fees, brokerage fees, save the beaver fees, and the prime minister needs a haircut fee... that generally add about 30 to 40 percent to the cost of an order. I was pleasantly surprised to have to pay zero fees, and noticed on the shipping label that the company I ordered from listed the value of the contents at 50 bucks. The order was for over $400 worth of parts. God bless those guys. I don't want to list the company name for fear of bringing down the wrath of Revenue but I'm sure you all know who they are.

Anyway, I used to order all my parts for project cars from the states as the prices are usually 30% cheaper (at least). The last thing I ordered was a complete suspension for $800 bucks and was wicked happy at the price. The bubble burst when UPS arrived at my door demanding $350 bucks in fees and taxes. So now I pay the stupid high canadian prices for the same product manufactured by the same company in the same warehouse. I know I should buy Canadian but hey, I'm tired of being hosed. So my question is this: does anyone in Southern Ontario know of a place that is Stateside that will hold packages for pick up? Even if I do declare what I'm brining back I can at least save on brokerage fees.

Thanks in advance, Dan.

I use pak mail in Washington. I live in kamloops bc and cross board shop this way.i believe pak mail is a franchise so maybe see if there is one down east where you are.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, that's what I was looking for, I'll have to look them up. For now I'll be using USPS if it saves brokerage fees.

Looks like getting something shipped by USPS can save brokerage fees.Any idea about buying a used item from a private seller,would it be shipped just like a birthday gift with no fees besides the shipping cost.

I'm not sure on the used items. I know when my in laws ship us stuff from Chicago there arent any fees on our end.

Back