Can anyone identify approximate year and model of this sea doo?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post a picture of engine as that year they were still producing two strokes
The 2002 was the first 4 tec and ECU has been upgraded twice

2002 GTX Limited

This was the first year for the 4tec and only came in 155hp. They only made 2 4tec models that year, the GTX limited which is what you have and the standard GTX which was white and blue.

02 is still very close to the exact same motor that was made for 15 years. A few minor negatives about the 02 were the potted sealed starter relay system, the plastic oil filter cap, the red rod style dipstick, but still a great machine especially for a first year all new build for a 4 stroke. An impressive engineering design and manufacturing execution.

Last edited:
Bad ECUS , thinner driveshaft , other than that very reliable , the MPEM connectors being low down get the contacts corroding

Thanks guys getting lots of good info on this ski. Confirmed it is a four stroke. Can you guys please tell me the difference between the limited and the standard? Also are the engine mounts the same through all models if I want to bolt a custom engine in it later? This ski was apparently working just fine until then engine simply stopped, no hint of catastrophic failure so I am guessing at this point that it will be an ECU problem. The thinner drive shaft wont be a problem for me as it will be riding it conservatively. Less than 120 hours. Thanks all for your input, the internet is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Difference between limited and standard are foot well shield covers and depth finder, basically not much.

Custom engine? lol definitely not worth the time or effort for that ski, get something newer if you want to go faster. All the 4tec engines are the same block so yes the mounts are the same.

To get it running, start with the basics. I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it has an ECU problem. Get a good battery and see if it turns over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back