C180 Next stage completed...finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo

Just had my first outing with some of my improvements. 4 x wetsounds xs-650s, a xs-10FA sub, a syn 4 wetsounds amp, LEDs for the speakers, a fusion head unit with iphone in head unit, two remotes & a voltmeter..whew!!

By the way this thing sounds better than my living room. Next I'm just waiting for my rev 8 tower speakers to complete the boat. Hopefully by xmas.

Totally recommend these products.

cheers

IMG_0630.jpgIMG_0629.jpgIMG_0624.jpgIMG_0633.jpgIMG_0626.jpg

Looks awesome!!!! Wish you werent on the other side of the globe, id like to check it out!!

RFoster - Drive your ski to the southern tip of Brazil then meet him in the middle...somewhere around the Cape of Good Hope.

PS...bring lots of extra gas. At least it's getting warmer in that area!!!

Have a great trip......LOL

hi, they're 'bulletline' led rings. The acrylic rings are great, but the leds were average. I used their rings but my leds. Worked out great. I've got a pair of rev 8s going on tomorrow with wetsounds rings & leds. I'll post pics once I have them.

cheers

Davo,

What controls do you have over the iPhone once it is docked in the Fusion Head unit? Can you only access MP3's that are on the iPhone/iPod, or can you control streaming media like Pandora and XMradio online?

I just shut the service off on the portable XM radio I have used with my Eclipse deck thinking I can stream it with my iPhone. But I would love to have a head unit that would not require an FM modulator, or would give me remote control from the swimdeck while the iPhone is safely tucked away.

Your advice is appreciated!!

Gday from -12f in MN!!

As far as I'm aware it just accesses the data, such as playlists, artists, songs etc. Tidy unit. I'm not a fan of random music so I don't use radio or streaming at all. Aside from that any head unit will require an external aerial as the one if installed from the factory is very average.

My C180 is finally complete. I have upgraded the battery with a 130 ahr battery(accidentally left the isolator on for a few days), & installed a pair of white wetsounds rev 8 speakers on swivel mounts with blue LED light rings on them which glow around & inside the speakers. The sound is spectacular. When the install was finished we tested the set up & some cranky guy who lived up on the hill called up to complain about the music volume. Those houses are about 150-200m away! I don't have time right now to water test the set up, but I will next week & take some photos out on the bay day & night.
Cheers.

My C180 is finally complete. I have upgraded the battery with a 130 ahr battery(accidentally left the isolator on for a few days), & installed a pair of white wetsounds rev 8 speakers on swivel mounts with blue LED light rings on them which glow around & inside the speakers. The sound is spectacular. When the install was finished we tested the set up & some cranky guy who lived up on the hill called up to complain about the music volume. Those houses are about 150-200m away! I don't have time right now to water test the set up, but I will next week & take some photos out on the bay day & night.
Cheers.

What amp are you using to driving the Rev 8's?

I use a wetsounds syn4 to power the rev8s and the sub, and the head unit for the 4 xs650s.

Hydroturf is bought from the US. The tower & bimini was local, the wetsounds stuff is from 'Prowake' on the goldcoast & DWC marine audio in Melbourne. Both these places deliver.

Just waiting for some decent weather to take some photos of the recent upgrade.
cheers

Sounds awesome. DWC will be where I will be heading for the stereo upgrade.

Quick question. Are your front cup holders usable with the larger speakers up front?

Absolutely, I had doubts myself esp with the led rings, but they're fully useable with my speakers.

Weather up here has been either windy or rainy everyday I've had off! Fed up, itching to take it out & get some updated photos.

cheers

Finally had a decent weekend with a bit of time off.
cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1347.jpg
    IMG_1347.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 70
Did you ever have the xs650's hooked upto the amp? Any high volume distortion? Did you have any mounting trouble with them since the factory holes are 6"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes briefly.

Sound was perfect, then shortly after the he Jensen head unit died, we replaced it with the fusion, then hooked the 4xs650s to the new head and the new rev8s and sub to the amp.

To paint a picture, the amp with rev 8s and sub blOws the inboard speakers away in terms of quality!! The xs650s are still vvgood and they provide nice ambience and fill the boat nicely with tone.
You wont believe the difference a new set up will make.
No distortion at all once the factory head was removed, the holes worked fine, my installer didnt have any issues apparently.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back