C180 Next stage completed...finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I'm not going with any tower speakers. I just want some inboard speakers that will sound clear at high volume.

Totally recommend the wet sounds Xs-650s, night and day difference to the stock speakers, really most high end stuff will be great compared to whats currently in the boat.
Cheers

Hi Davo,
What colors can you get those LED rings in? Im wondering if there is a natural light or a white halogen style light?

The rings from wetsounds are a clearish ring, looks dull grey when off, has a great glow when on They come in blue,green,red & white. I have these on my tower. The other company that has these is bulletlines from the US. Their rings are very clear, their leds are rubbish, so I used locally sourced lights. These rings are brighter as they're clearer. I have these in my boat as wetsounds didn't do their own when I put these in. If I was doing it from scratch again, I'd use the wetsounds rings on all the speakers as I prefer their effect, but they are more expensive. Also as the bulletlines are very clear I used white double tapeinside the ring otherwise when the lights are off you can see the led tape wiring & it looks a copper colour.
Your factory floor lights can also be upgraded with 42mm festoon lights from ebay if needed(check another thread in this section to confirm the light type.). I have these & they're very cheap & look great.

cheers & good luck, post photos when you've picked your audio & lights .

Thanks davo, can I do the speakers then add rings later? I imagine they would need to be wired into the deck light circuit?

Won't be done until tax cheque time anyway at this rate!

The rings from wetsounds are a clearish ring, looks dull grey when off, has a great glow when on They come in blue,green,red & white. I have these on my tower. The other company that has these is bulletlines from the US. Their rings are very clear, their leds are rubbish, so I used locally sourced lights. These rings are brighter as they're clearer. I have these in my boat as wetsounds didn't do their own when I put these in. If I was doing it from scratch again, I'd use the wetsounds rings on all the speakers as I prefer their effect, but they are more expensive. Also as the bulletlines are very clear I used white double tapeinside the ring otherwise when the lights are off you can see the led tape wiring & it looks a copper colour.
Your factory floor lights can also be upgraded with 42mm festoon lights from ebay if needed(check another thread in this section to confirm the light type.). I have these & they're very cheap & look great.

cheers & good luck, post photos when you've picked your audio & lights .

yeah its on the same switch as the deck lighting. No probs about wiring after the speaker install.

hey Davo, just wanted to say thanks for sharing your build and for all the help. It made me a lot less nervous cutting into my boat seeing where you mounted your stuff. Also the radio remote on the swim deck was a great add on. I finished my stereo build for now, and it turned out great. THANK YOU

your welcome, sorry I didn't respond earlier to your pm, I only saw it today, been very tired & away with work. Glad to hear your boat turned out well, can't wait to see some pics.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back