C180 Engine Sputtering

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnz

We went to use the boat this morning and the engine had an immediate sputter. There were no issues on our prior trip. I started at the dock with disconnecting each plug wire to find the miss, and 1 and 3 are noticeable 2 makes no difference plugged or unplugged. We swapped out the plug and swapped the coil over from 1 of the working ones, no difference. I went through the fuse box and all fuses are showing good. It does have a check engine light, but all dealers are booked up near. Any suggestions on things I could try to get us back on the water?

Spark is for sure the issue. I did the old school test and grounded the coil and plug to the block, coils 1 and 3 have a strong spark, 2 has nothing. Pulled the coil pack and plug from 1 and attached it to 2s wiring and nothing.

Thanks, would you or anyone be able to help me make sense of what to trace of the wiring below?
Screenshot_20210802-103937_Drive.jpg

It appears one end is coming out of the fuse box and the other is coming or going to the ecm. Any suggestions how I can verify each is doing as it should?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back