buzzer steady when key on

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MARDON1

Hi I have a 02 speedster w/240efi merc I changed plugs the other day and did a compression ck same time at the end got distracted left key in on postion and left for a while came back to find a buzzer going off continuous and a pump running which was the fuel pump ,after shutting key off the pump continued to run until i shut battery switch off, now the motor won't start and there is no beeps when i turn the key on ,if i leave key in on position for 30 sec or so the alarm starts and the fuel pump starts and pump won't shut off unless i shut battery off, the buzzer will stop if i turn key off or if i pull the lanyard but not the pump, the oil tank on the motor is full of oil , the boat had no issues until this any help is much apperciated

That's strange.

Your boat has 2 buzzers. Can you identify if it's the "Seadoo" buzzer (mounted in the bottom of the helm) or the Mercury buzzer. (taped to the wires in the helm)

I'm assuming it's the Merc buzzer... but let us know.

the one just taped up with wire harness I don't see another buzzer mounted but it's the one with the harness

Sorry, I forgot about this.

The only solid beep, coming from the Mercury buzzer would be an over temp condition. So... I would check the connectors on the starboard side temp sender. AND... make sure the sender is reading properly.

The only thing that is strange, is that the fuel pump is running too. The lift pump should only operate while cranking the engine. (I'm assuming the pump you are talking about is square one on the side of the engine)

*****EDIT****

I know your boat is a 2002... but Merc changed the 240 engine in 2001.5, and most of the 2002 boats have the "Older" style engine, since they were actually built in 2001. But, if you have a VERY late 2002 it could have the newer engine. So, just to make sure we are on the same page... can you post a pic of your engine, or better yet... post the serial number. It's on the engine cover, and on the block.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back