Buying used?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 rxt 260 with 72 hours on it for 8k....i looked at the ski before they could run it through service and i seen a small amount of sand on the back side of the engine by the gasket and that bolt that facing up.... should i be concerned or is that fairly normal to have small traces of sand in there engine compartment?

This is the ski .....

Attachments

• 5e1e07ac645d4802882e6737.jpg
    5e1e07ac645d4802882e6737.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 5e1e07a7f0d1bf6c1813ba6b.jpg
    5e1e07a7f0d1bf6c1813ba6b.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 23
2014 rxt 260 they asking 7799 for and willing to let it go for 7k....103 hours..seat was recoverd..its from a dealership and said its been serviced and water tested....is that a good deal for those hours?

2013- the asking 8480 and havent given me a price they will let it go for but i am thinking about 8k.....72 hours...i did find small amount of sand in the engine comparment before they sent it to get serviced and tested

which is the best deal? i would save 1000 bucks on the 2014 but more hours

fyi.. 2014 is about 3 hours away and the 2013 is like 10 mins away..both r seadoo dealers

Expect $500+

Seadoo recommends models prior to 2017 have the supercharger rebuilt every 200 hours or every 2 years (which ever comes first).

Many experienced supercharged owners recommend rebuilding every 100 hours.

2017 and newer models have so-called maintenance free superchargers.

Sea Doo Supercharger Rebuild Service

Nice... thanks for the reply.... do you think the ones i described r good deals?

You need to research what they are worth in your area and decide from that.

BTW, 30 hours is not a huge difference. Sometimes hours is no indicator of condition. I just sold a 2011 GTI with 350 hours that ran better than new, but I've seen 50 hour skis that were paper weights.

Just inspect it well. It's nearly impossible to get all water and sand out of the bilge. More important would be signs of corrosion.
I didn't really see any signs of corrosion or chiping paint...... those skis were in the ballpark of other skis... but both went down... one from 8400 to 7200.... one from 7700 to 7000

You may want to avoid supercharged models (200 hp+) if this is your first ski. Keep it simple and do you really need to go over 60 mph? I've ridden 77 mph capable skis and while it's a blast, it's rare to ride that fast for an extended amount of time. It also sucks gas like you wouldn't believe which makes your riding day much shorter.

You may want to avoid supercharged models (200 hp+) if this is your first ski. Keep it simple and do you really need to go over 60 mph? I've ridden 77 mph capable skis and while it's a blast, it's rare to ride that fast for an extended amount of time. It also sucks gas like you wouldn't believe which makes your riding day much shorter.
Not my first one and i have ridden tons of skis......i am just doing research and getting opinions of others........

the prices are right imo. I also feel people put waaaay too much emphasis on the hour meter on a 4-stroke engine with exception to the supercharger. obviously you need to track hours for the sc for maintenance- but I got into an argument with a twit who insisted that my 2008 gtx 215 with 136 hours on the engine was high! a 4-stroke engine with 136 hours is hardly even broken in! I get even more frustrated when someone asks about the hours on a ski that has spent its life in a northern region where the boating season only lasts a few months a year- so I always track where the original sale took place when new. I understand asking about hours on a florida ski where boating season is year round. 4 stroke engine hours are a poor indication of engine condition; I love to just idle around the lake racking up hours. more relevant questions to me are cylinder psi and cylinder leakdown test... whether or not the ski was left in the water over the season or on a trailer...? fresh or salt water...? last date of supercharger maintenance / rebuild... professionally winterized & stored...? is it covered when not in use? I've had 4-stroke skis with thousands of hours on them that ran perfect. I wouldn't be as concerned with a little sand on a bolt as I would be with bubbling and peeling paint on the starter indicating the hull was full of water or leaking. corrosion on the impeller shaft tells me its seen salt. A scratched up hull tells me it was regularly beached and probably run in shallow water. I find myself steering away from supercharged models these days- they are such a headache and not worth the few extra mph imo. I always carry an insurance policy ($300 for the year) on a supercharged boat! just my .02 cents.

btw- PWCmuscle did my sc for $500- 1 week turnaround and awesome service! would definitely recommend and use again.

I also feel people put waaaay too much emphasis on the hour meter on a 4-stroke engine

Yep. Just sold my 2011 GTI with 350 hours - ran better than new.

Main reason I sold it was I found a "couldn't refuse" deal on an upgraded model and I felt once I got over 500 hours it would be close to unsellable at least for a decent price. So, it was sell it now for a good price or just keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back