Buying A 2012 Seadoo Speedster 150 - 255 SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect thanks, he said he will go with me if I'm worried, but he seems pretty legit coming with his kid and stuff to go camping after and not many banks are open on the weekend. He said first thing Monday he will be taking care of it. I got an official "paper" for this as well for him to sign. I have his address and everything as well if anything does go sour, hoping for the greater good on this one, as I am undercutting him alot can't ask too too much out of him. But thanks for the heads up.

Anyone have anything else to recommend? Checking to motor, carbon seal, hours, drive shaft, impellor, making sure it starts up with 1 click and than shutting it off right away. Is there anything else I should be weary of ?

By the way, most people with newer speedsters have a "digital lien" - or you can call it "digital pink slip", when I sold my old sportster I had a "paper" pink slip, now, since I still owe money on my speedster, "Sheffield" financial (BRP seadoos bank) and the state of California hold the "digital title" and the "lien" is held by Sheffield till I pay it off.

I kind of felt that would be a problem when selling my boat, how did it work out for the o.p.?

By the way, most people with newer speedsters have a "digital lien" - or you can call it "digital pink slip", when I sold my old sportster I had a "paper" pink slip, now, since I still owe money on my speedster, "Sheffield" financial (BRP seadoos bank) and the state of California hold the "digital title" and the "lien" is held by Sheffield till I pay it off.

I kind of felt that would be a problem when selling my boat, how did it work out for the o.p.?

Everything worked out great!
I couldn't find anything about the lien itself, (im in canada an never heard of the digital pink slip) paid him cash, he brought me the boat. I called the dealership later that week and it was all paid out, literally just got my ownership in my email today. Sent it in last Sunday and got the full ownership today!

Have taken it out twice now and seems to run like a champ! I was just wondering about what the hottest temperature is to safely run the boat? I had it full throttle for a couple of minutes yesterday and was hitting around 192 degrees so I pulled off. I definitely like speed but I more so would like to keep the engine in good condition. How long can I keep it full throttle for?

Hey, so I'm going to my buddies cottage this weekend, and will be leaving the boat in the water.
I just tested my bilge pump to make sure it worked by putting the hose in the engine bay, once it got as high as the bilge pump, I heard it switch on, but the water didnt go anywhere.
I didn't see any water coming out of my boat from anywhere but I heard the pump running.

Just wondering if this is right or what I should do? I leave Friday morning so definitely need to get this sorted out asap!!

Thanks

I replied to your other post.

Perfect, I was just wondering if you had any advice in regards with how long I can run it full throttle for? Whats a good way to drive it while I'm out there? And about what the hottest temperature is to safely run the boat?

I had it full throttle for a couple of minutes and was hitting around 192 degrees so I pulled off. I definitely like speed and want to run full throttle all day, but I more so would like to keep the engine in good condition.

Running full throttle all day and keeping the engine in good condition are complete opposites IMO. Even with proper maintenance, running an engine full bore all the time will definitely put a lot of stress on the motor and more than likely not last nearly as long as a motor that was run much easier.

It's your boat, drive like you wish, but don't be surprised when you start having issues due to running it WOT all the time.

Running full throttle all day and keeping the engine in good condition are complete opposites IMO. Even with proper maintenance, running an engine full bore all the time will definitely put a lot of stress on the motor and more than likely not last nearly as long as a motor that was run much easier.

It's your boat, drive like you wish, but don't be surprised when you start having issues due to running it WOT all the time.

Thats what I mean tho, I know it will be bad for the engine, just wondering what the ratio is? and what is a safe way to drive the boat? What temperatures should I keep it at? How long would you drive it full throttle for?

I agree with JPass. How long would you run your car/truck at the redline?

So I took it out tonight.... Everything was ok, seemed a little sluggish, had to hit around 5000 rpms just to get planed out, and while doing turns I lost alot of speed and had to hit the throttle to take off out of the turn.... I was out for a good 2 hours, hit WOT a couple of times which was 7000 RPM, would not go higher than 7000 rpm. For the majority of the time I was running 5000-600 RPM, than just stopped and chilled for a bit. Anyways, as I was docking to go home, I was running thru the menu to get to docking mode and I see the words "READ FAULTS" or "FAULT CODES" dont exactly remember as I was right at the launch and was going to check it out after.

Took it out of the lake and go to check the codes again and there is nothing there. Got it home and check again, still nothing.

From what I remember the code was P 0127 or something very similar to that. There was no engine light or anything, just in the menu said something about view code, I checked it and was going to check it as soon as I got out so I could write it down in my phone, but was gone by the time I could....

Last edited by a moderator:
Update, I was looking around google and couldnt find anything helpful.... I did find this link tho...

http://www.seadoosource.com/4tecfaultcodes.html

I don't see the code I saw (well atleast any configuration of it that I think I remember) and I also tried to pull the code up by

The procedure for retrieving codes is as follows:
With safety lanyard on its post, press 5 times the SET button to start the display of P-codes (onboard diagnostic).
Press MODE to scroll codes if more than one is present. When "list" is over, END will appear.
When END appears, press MODE to exit.

Nothing comes up... I tried with just the lanyard on the post, power off. Lanyard on post accessory on, and lanyard on post power on (full guage cluster powered up) NONE of them gave me a code or a list.... Not sure what I'm doing wrong here :(

So I took it out tonight.... Everything was ok, seemed a little sluggish, had to hit around 5000 rpms just to get planed out, and while doing turns I lost alot of speed and had to hit the throttle to take off out of the turn.... I was out for a good 2 hours, hit WOT a couple of times which was 7000 RPM, would not go higher than 7000 rpm. For the majority of the time I was running 5000-600 RPM, than just stopped and chilled for a bit. Anyways, as I was docking to go home, I was running thru the menu to get to docking mode and I see the words "READ FAULTS" or "FAULT CODES" dont exactly remember as I was right at the launch and was going to check it out after.

Took it out of the lake and go to check the codes again and there is nothing there. Got it home and check again, still nothing.

From what I remember the code was P 0127 or something very similar to that. There was no engine light or anything, just in the menu said something about view code, I checked it and was going to check it as soon as I got out so I could write it down in my phone, but was gone by the time I could....

some codes will clear when lanyard is pulled. thats why candoo is handy tool or you could go to the dealer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back