BRP Buds 1.0 Can be used on newer 2016+ for reset maintenance minder and faults

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider210

I just wanted to share this as I picked up an 2020 rxt 300 and was able to connect it to the original buds not buds 2.0

I can confirm the guy in this video says is true.

Just Update to post:

With the MPI3 w/BUDS 1.0 on my 2020 RXT 300, I was able to:
Reset the maintenance minder or service hours
Program New Keys without the 'dess post' adapter
Reset TPS

All the features of the megatech license on original buds seems to work fine on my 2020 rxt

So that said I am set with the current setup, not sure what 'features' you need in the 2.0 but these are sufficient for me

If this helps anyone, this is the only hardware I am using:
1619473328042.png

Last edited:
Updates. Thats what you get with buds 2.
Updates up to i think 2016 is all buds 1 gives you.
Also I think ibr calibration of newer style ibr motors is only possible in buds 2 as well as activating a new ibr unit.

Updates. Thats what you get with buds 2.
Updates up to i think 2016 is all buds 1 gives you.
Also I think ibr calibration of newer style ibr motors is only possible in buds 2 as well as activating a new ibr unit.
Thanks pointing those out! For those things it might be worth paying the dealer for.

It is nice tho to be able to do the basics without having to go-to dealer!

You can auto and manual calibrate the new style ibr with BUDS1 for all years. Haven't found anything that BUDS2 can do that BUDS1 can't except as stated above, only BUDS2 will provide updates to software for any update after 2016 which also means updates for older machine updates are only on BUDS2 after 2016 if they are released.

You can auto and manual calibrate the new style ibr with BUDS1 for all years. Haven't found anything that BUDS2 can do that BUDS1 can't except as stated above, only BUDS2 will provide updates to software for any update after 2016 which also means updates for older machine updates are only on BUDS2 after 2016 if they are released.
Thanks good info here! Hard to find anything online everything says needs buds 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back