Broken fuel vent in hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pulling into a dock today and I hit the black fuel vent cover on right side near the bilge vent opening. When it hit the dock tie it broke the end off, and I don't recall what it was supposed to look like. Currently it is a black plastic with the end broken off and open to the vent line.

The boat started and ran fine, but I have concerns if there is a possibility of water getting into the fuel tank.

Does anybody know what kind of cover or valve that is on a 2001 Challenger 2000?

Also, any ideas where I can order a replacement part?

I was looking at this page but I don't believe I have located the part number for this fitting.

http://fiche.seadoowarehouse.com/se...?Type=13&make=seadoojb&A=141&B=8&modelid=2001 Sea Doo Jet Boat Challenger 2000 (240 EFI) HULL - FITTINGS/ACCESSORIES

After a quick search on Amazon I came across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Corporation-1607-3-Black-Straight/dp/B0000AZ7SB/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2

Will this work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on Amazon is a generic fuel vent... and it will work, if that's what you broke. Can you post a pic of the boat, what actually got damaged? A big pic, so we can see the location on the boat too.

Broken Vent Seadoo.jpg

Seadoo Challenger 2000-0204.jpg

Unfortunately I did not snap a photo of the broken vent (I don't know what I was thinking), but I did find an old picture before the break and I zoomed in to show the actual vent. When I was in the boat I was able to trace it to the fuel tank.

My issue is knowing if the universal one on Amazon will work. Unfortunately I don't have the boat at home and it will probably be another week before getting back out. (Too bad, it looks beautiful today in the Burgh!)

Thanks

That's fine.

Yes... that's a fuel tank vent, and the one from amazon is fine... but from the place you listed... it's #22 under the "fuel system." (Should be the same part)

*****EDIT******

Just noticed you were in Da' Burgh.

The Blessing of the fleet is today at the point, at noon. I was thinking about heading down.

Thanks Dr. Honda, I will order the part this afternoon. The family and I were on the water all day at the Yough Dam yesterday and it was great. I have to spend some time today with the other issues in life such as kids events, home issues, etc.... I would rather just get in the car and hit the water again.

I hope to meet up with you some time this summer. Hopefully your Islandia is coming along well. If you are ever going to the dam let me know.

Brian

Thanks again

If I was to take the jet skis down to the Yough River lake... where's the best place to go? Is there more than one ramp down there? I've only been down there once, and the ramp I used (around 2001) wasn't family friendly. Someone told me once that there was a ramp on the north east side of the lake with a ramp, and a park.

I'd like to come down there in the next week or two to check it out again, before taking the fam.

You can PM me if you would like.

I always go in at what I believe is called sommerfield. I go past Nemacolin on 40 east, cross the bridge and make a left. The marina is on the right side.
The army core of engineers public launch is on the left side of the bridge.

There is adequate parking for most days, a double entry asphalt ramp and vinyl docks for 4-5the boats/ skis. The restroom is near the parking lot, but it is not very handicap accessible. I have taken some older relatives and they managed, but it should be better.

$3 to launch fee.

We like the large opening near the dam. You feel like you are really away from it all. I just discovered another ramp and same dock setup with restrooms and a beach near the dam. (That's the one I bumped the cleat on).

I always take my 2 girls and friends. It is very family oriented. I have friends who are docked in McKeesport and Elizabeth, and except for the drive I will take the lake any day.

I will shoot some pics to show you on my next trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back