1992 SPI Fuel Tank Vent

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrumater

1992 SPI was purging fuel out the side hole under the rub rail while sitting on trailer... and I assume while in the water. Seems like the one way check valves on either side of the T coming off the fuel baffle are going the correct direction, one going to the front then the side goes out, and the one up top behind the steering column comes in.
I took the rest of the fuel lines apart ( all nice new black hoses not grey, and all seems clean and hooked up correctly. The only thing I can think of is maybe the hose inside the tank is too long for the vent, allowing it to pick up fuel instead of just air?
The RES hose is about 2 inches longer than the ON hose. Both have filters on the end. The Vent hose is the same length as the ON hose, does that sound right?
When I look at a diagram I only see 2 hoses inside the tank, but its kinda busy so maybe I am wrong. Any thoughts?
On the attached image Yellow is the vent line, Red/Green ON and RES, Blue is the Return line connected to the Fuel Filter and the Carb then back to the tank ( nipple only in the baffle no hose.

fuel_0000_Layer 2.jpg

There should only be 1 filter and that is the water separator/fuel filter canister...one summer
The lenhth if yhe hises is not a big deal,,,they are equal for the convenience of the physical space needed to get to the pickup baffle,,,
One summer,,,i had to park my 96xp in the sun...the carbs would leak,,,the vent not working,,,man,,,I chased that problem for quite a while.
On yours.....my guess is that the pressure builds up,,,the popoff on your carb is so high,,and therefore won't pop...consequently ,that blows the fuel up and out,,,my carbs have low popoff so that the needle and seat just pop and fuel leaks into my carbs...just a theory,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back