Brass fitting on carb removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rdessewffy

Both carbs same fitting clogged( ones with zip ties on them). I've been sticking pins, paperclips, compressed air, carb cleaner and gas in them and can't unclogg. My last option is to remove them but not sure how. I tried to twist a bit but didnt want to bend them. Should I use heat? Any idea how to put them back after I unclogg them? I googled and only see people replacing cracked plastic ones..... I never get any search results on this forum for some reason. It always says no results or too few words... thanks.20191201_085935.jpg

Those are fuel return fittings and the carb bodies have very small restrictions in them. You can see the pinhole if you look in the little hole just above those fittings. They don't get plugged. Spray a little carb cleaner down that hole and you will see it come out of the fitting.

Chester

I did. Nothing comes out when I spray wd40 or carb cleaner. I do see the tiny pinhole it's supposed to come out of.... old grey lines clogged everything, just these last two I can't get... I already broke one, so I'm bringing to small engine shop tomorrow to have them fix it all. Thank you!!

Do not remove them. They will come clean just work with them. I use gumout but I also soak the carbs in carb cleaner for several hours. Those fittings are very brittle. I broke one trying to straighten in a bit. Again... don't mess with them just clean them out. Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back