Bought a 05 Sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4-tec engines had like 14 sensors I believe, that are always changing the way the engine runs based on their input. The only way to get a "good"speed reading is with a GPS. That is the only way for it to accurate. I have been boating for more years then I'd like to admit to...:rofl:

Karl

Heck, if the swimming pool temp.falls below 86*f it's too cold ...we cover it !:ack:

Keep rubbing it in for the yanks up north!!! lol

Being a former yankee myself, I dont feel a bit bad saying that 70 degrees is enough to get out the jacket these days . . . :D

uh...Im from upstate N.Y.;;; I used to be a snowplow distributor...we have the white stuff here too...but now we call it beach sand. :)

The 4-tec engines had like 14 sensors I believe, that are always changing the way the engine runs based on their input. The only way to get a "good"speed reading is with a GPS. That is the only way for it to accurate. I have been boating for more years then I'd like to admit to...:rofl:

Karl

I agree- boat speedometers have always been "ballpark". They are only really good for seeing if something you did increased or decreased speed. I had a portable GPS that I used to use in my RC boats (lol, most faster than my Sea Doo :D), but it went down with one of them a couple years ago :(.
Joe

I figure if I keep it up, you 'll be selling your house soon to move back... Then we can go cruising together...lol

Speedometer or Dreamometer:rofl:
My dreamometer reads 65mph at WOT, My GPS reads 53mph!
I know which one i want to believe, but i know which one is right!!

I figure if I keep it up, you 'll be selling your house soon to move back... Then we can go cruising together...lol

Trust me- I would LOVE to move back down there. This baby thing really put a damper on that for a while lol. We just got done redoing a few rooms here and getting new carpeting throughout, so I think we're going to be here a little longer. Who knows, maybe next year we'll start looking again though. Depends on how the market is doing. I would love to buy now, but no way will I sell until it turns around a bit!

Houses are going really cheap now...I'm investing in water property now...Houses that were $400,000. 3 years ago, now $250.00. Finiance with 10% down...just as an investment. Lots of people looking to rent till you move here.

Karl

Houses are going really cheap now...I'm investing in water property now...Houses that were $400,000. 3 years ago, now $250.00. Finiance with 10% down...just as an investment. Lots of people looking to rent till you move here.

Karl

I noticed the same with the waterfront houses. Homes along Harbor Blvd. in Pt. Charlotte near the beach were where the Dr.'s and lawyer's lived when I was down there- now they are going for mid to upper $200's!! Couldn't believe it!

Heh, if you could hook us up with someone to do a rent to own on a decent waterfront home, I'll be your friend forever lol. We just can't sell our home until it turns around a bit- we'll barely break even right now :(.
Joe

I'll keep my eyes open... What would you do for work? Construction ind. is in a major decline... That's why the hosing market is doing so bad.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back