2006 Seadoo Sportster 215hp for Sale in South Carolina

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoo-in-sc

Much of this will be already familiar to forum users, but wanted to include as much detail as possible for those not familiar with this model. Go to http://zafari.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/3570585 for photos. Contact Christopher at ovnidude@gmail.com for details.

Sea-Doo's reknowned 15' sport boat - very sexy and sporty look that always turns heads on the water and at the dock. This boat is a load of fun! Pull a tube, skier or wakeboarder. Relax or play at top speed out on the lake, rivers, harbor or intracoastal. Bimini top to provide shade when you want it, or store it when you want maximum sun. VERY comfortable seating for 4 people with room This boat is small enough to fit in most garages taking up no more space than a compact car, so you don't have to worry about storage fees! It is very easy to handle for beginners, yet provides loads of fun for experts, too. The unique design is extremely easy to maintain - no outboard motor to worry about. The closed-loop system is super-easy, more like a car than a boat. You don't even need a huge truck to pull it - we used to pull this baby with our Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder! This great little boat proves great things can come in small packages. This fabulous boat comes with many accessories to make the package complete:

* Standard SeaDoo galvanized steel trailer with spare tire
* 4 adult life jackets
*Safety paddles
* 2 anchors
* Bumper guards
* Marine ropes
* SeaDoo-branded cover
*Towable tube
* Extra long portable swim ladder for easy re-entry in choppy water

*NOTE* Needs guage repair to be in perfect condition, but operable safely without [no speed cops on the water! and it's always better to have a visual on fuel levels anyway]

A review by Capt. Vince Daniello, Test Captain, says:

In twenty years as a professional captain I’ve run just about every kind of boat imaginable, which has left me a bit jaded. But testing Sea-Doo’s Sportster SCIC (which stands for SuperCharged & InterCooled) reminded me that I was once a wide-eyed boy that couldn’t wait to get behind the wheel of anything that floats. In short, this boat is just fun to drive.

The Sportster SCIC gets its name from Sea-Doo’s 215 horsepower Rotax engine. The three-cylinder 1498 cc engine gets an added boost from the supercharger, which forces air into the cylinders like a turbocharger, but with much more immediate response than a turbo. After the compressed air leaves the supercharger, it passes through an intercooler, which cools the air before it reaches the pistons, creating a more effective air and gas mixture within the cylinders. This results in an increased top end performance, but more importantly for the SCIC, the supercharger and intercooler increase acceleration, and the Sportster is all about acceleration. We achieved a top speed of 52.6 mph, pretty good for a fifteen-footer, with 2.3 seconds to plane and 4.4 seconds from 0 to 30 mph.

Like a sporty roadster, the Sportster corners well, its deep-V hull digging into tight turns with complete control, but crank the wheel and goose the throttle in just the right way and the boat spins out, and then accelerates off in a new direction. These spins are very predictable and simply pulling back the throttle stops the boat almost immediately. Maneuvers like this should only be attempted when no boats or obstructions are nearby, but because the boat weighs 1,454 pounds, the whole “spin out” process happens gradually. There aren’t a lot of G forces so it’s fun for the driver and passengers.

While the Sportster is fun in twists and turns, the boat handles surprisingly well in a straight line. On the afternoon of our test day, the wind kicked up well over twenty knots and the Sportster cruised comfortably.

The Sportster has an unusual appearance. For starters, it’s egg shaped, extremely wide in the middle and rounded at both ends. Combine that with the open cockpit and contoured, bright yellow accented seats and the Sportster looks like a theme park ride or something off a movie set. The stereo speakers between the seat head rests and numerous hand-holds around the seats add to the illusion. But while the Sportster doesn’t look like most boats and doesn’t handle like most boats, it is just as capable as any boat for pulling water toys. There is a retractable ski pylon just behind the seats. The large swim deck, boarding ladder, and handrails, make getting on and off the boat easy, and the jet drive is inherently
safer than a prop.

To make room for all these toys, this Sea-Doo provides a vast amount of storage for a fifteen-footer. The ski locker below the deck has a wide hatch so it will fit gear larger than skis, and there is a large storage tray above the engine. You might not want to store salty, wet equipment in this compartment as seawater could drip down on the engine, but the heat from the engine should help dry damp gear stored here. Two more storage compartments forward are surprisingly large and deep.

Another characteristic that gives the Sportster a futuristic feel is that it seems to “hover” in neutral. The jet pump is always pumping water, but the water is diverted downward when the boat is in neutral. Because of this, the boat sits in one place but still responds to the steering wheel for uncanny maneuverability - simply point the boat in the right direction and go. It does take some getting used to. My boat-handling instincts were challenged whenever I put the boat in reverse until finally I realized that no matter what gear I was in, whichever way I turned the wheel the bow turned the same way. This is opposite to propeller driven boats where the bow swings opposite the steering wheel when in reverse. For new boaters the jet is probably easier, and experienced boaters will pick up the difference quickly.

If you have fun simply driving a boat, you’ll have a blast with the Sportster. It’s a truly a unique experience. Of course if I’m around, you might have to fight me for the helm.

Top speed for the Sea-Doo Sportster SCIC (2006-) is 52.6 MPH (84.7 KPH), burning 17.3 gallons per hour (GPH) or 65.48 liters per hour (LPH).

Best cruise for the Sea-Doo Sportster SCIC (2006-) is 27.0 MPH (43.5 KPH), and the boat gets 4.62 miles per gallon (MPG) or 1.96 kilometers per liter (KPL), giving the boat a cruising range of 87 miles (140.01 kilometers).

--------------------------------
DETAILED SPECIFICATIONS
--------------------------------
Year: 2006
Model: Sportster SCIC (215 hp)
Vehicle Type: Jet Boats
Color: Yellow/Black
Length (feet): 15
Length (inches): 4
Length (meters): 4.67
Length (LOA): 15 ft. 4 in. (4.67 m)
Beam: 7 ft. 1 in. (2.16 m)
Draft (max): 12 in. (30.5 cm)
Deadrise: 20
Weight (dry): 1,454 lbs. (659 kg)
Maximum Capacity: 715 lbs. (324 kg)
Maximum People: 4
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Drive Type: Jet Drive
Engine(s) (std): Supercharged Rotax 4-TEC 1503 4-stroke, 3-cylinder, 1,494 cc
Engine (Max): 215 hp @ 8,000 rpm
Jet Pump: 6 1/8 in. (15.56 cm)
Impeller: Stainless steel
Battery: 12 v
Fuel Capacity: 21 gal. (79.4 l)
Storage Capacity: 14.5 cu. ft. (4.42 cu. m)
Trailer (LOA): 18 ft. 5 in. (5.6 m)
Trailer Width: 7.1 in. (2.16 m)
Trailer Height: No Tower: 4 ft. 11 in. (1.5 m)
Tower Down: 6. ft. 10 in. (2.08 m)
Tower Up: 8 ft. 4 in. (2.54 m)
Trailer Weight: 2,100 lbs. (952 kg)
Hull Material: Fiberglass

Attachments

• DSC00559-small.jpg
    DSC00559-small.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 18
  • sd15.jpg
    sd15.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2006-sea-doo-sportster-scic-sport-boat.jpg