Boat wouldn’t start 01 Sea-Doo utopia 186

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I was on a Probaly twenty mile ride boat ran good. Pulled over to beach to let dog out and went to leave wouldn’t start turned over but no start. Tried a a few times nothing. Decided to flat back to ramp after about 20 min tried to start fired right up ran good like 4 miles back to ramp. After loaded up tried starting 4-5 times fired right up each time. Any have this same experience?

Sounds like a hot-restart issue... possibly flooded. Not un-common. Which engine do you have in your Utopia?

Optimal 200. Have had boat for 8-9 years never done it before. I’m spooked now to go to far. It was not flooded no gas smell and when it started it was back to normal and ran normal

What you are describing happened to me a couple years ago not long after I bought the boat from it's original owner.

Check air pressure and look for fuel on the air side. If you see fuel on the air side, one of two diaphragms could be leaking fuel (90psi) to the air side (80psi) causing a flooding condition which clears up after a couple minutes. This only happened to me a few times... for the most part my engine started normally. When I took the boat in for service and explained this issue, my mercury mechanic knew right away. There are three spring loaded rubber diaphragm regulators in the Optimax, two that have fuel on one side and air on the other side. One is the fuel regulator that maintains fuel pressure 10psi > air pressure, and the other is the tracker valve which minimizes pressure surges that come from the air and fuel pumps. The third regulator is the air regulator but it does not have fuel on the other side. All three regulators have a rubber diaphragm so if one has worn out then it is good practice to change all three. This fixed my issue and the tracker valve was the one that was leaking by although the other two had already started cracking. The service manual has a great diagram of the fuel/air system with a full step by step description of how it works.

Live with it, or get it checked out and be ready to BOAT

Hopefully I am wrong and it is something else, perhaps something super simple. Good luck and please post once you figure it out.

Tony

Today I went out started fine every time. But going about 3/4 wide open and boat lunges and tac stopped beeped then came back on ran fine then did it like three more times. Then stopped doing it. So went down river another 5-6 miles then started a continuous beep if I let off a little would beep 3 times then stop so I could run a little over 4000 rpm’s as soon as I gave more throttle would be a constant beep then the three beeps. Till let off a little then no beeps and wouldn’t come back unless I have more throttle. Any ideas???? Not light came on at all for low oil

Can’t get small oil tank on engine to fill up completely and run over. What could be the cause?and with key on and not running I will get 4 beeps? Every so often??

Can’t get small oil tank on engine to fill up completely and run over. What could be the cause?and with key on and not running I will get 4 beeps? Every so often??
In the large oil tank in the boat-
There is a strainer screen on the bottom of the pickup tube that can clog. Remove the large ring retainer and lift out the pickup tube. Remember- there is only crankcase pressure driving the oil up to the header tank.

Tim I did that was some on it. Then I found the filter in that linen for oil going through that not sure if it was enough took filter out and a small connector hose had a couple cracks not sure if they leaking or not anyway put hose on withat filter started it turned around for like a second or go to grab something and it was allready running over so I think that filter or cracked connector hose might been the issue there. Thanks again Tim for advice

Back