Boat smoking and kind of loud on starting up and idle, please any input appreciated!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ynks972

so i bought me 2000 seadoo challenger 2000 about 2 months ago and so far its needed a tune up and a new ecu, which i bought the boat cheap knowing it has been neglected a little bit, so after i fixed these problems i put it in the water but everytime i start it up it seems to smoke a bit and sound kind of loud once i bring it out and go faster ( which i have a blast doing btw) the boat purrs and there is no smoke, but when i bring it in the engine gets louder again at a low speed/ neutral but does not smoke is this normal or do i have a problem? also does anyone know what my Rpm should be around 20-25 mpd just out of curiousity. thanks in advance everyone.

Smoking on start up... and at low speed is normal. It's a 2 stroke, and burns oil.

As far as the RPM... it's hard to say... but since it's a jet drive... it builds pressure exponentially.... so half speed, should be about 70% RPM.

also does anyone know what my Rpm should be around 20-25 mpd just out of curiousity. thanks in advance everyone.[/QUOTE]

Click on this and it should be large enough. It will tell you a ton of info for most of the RPM's. It is for a Challenger 2000 with a 240hp engine.

Eddie

Challenger 2000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back