Boat pulls to the left - Why?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

I have a 2006 speedster 200 and just purchased it a month ago. Right away I added a set of custom made trim tabs and so thrust vectors to the boat. I notice when I am driving it the boat pulls to the left all the time. The steering wheel is center with the jets so I don't think that is the issue. One thing I heard once is that trim tabs can cause the boat to pull one way or another? Does this sound correct or can it be something else?

Thanks

I am going to start by removing both trim tabs and see if the problem goes away, if so then I know it is the trim tabs and need to work on a solution to fix the issue
I have a question. Did you replace the impellers by chance, or have them serviced/repitched?

When I replaced mine, with the Solas...there is a left and right side impellers. Reason I was told is one is pitched a bit more aggressive to compensate for my boat pulling to the left with same impellers being used from the factory.

Just a thought.

is your linkage lose / worn out by the pump?
I had poor acceleration and couldn't figure out why until I pulled the boat out and realized the reverse gate was misaligned and hanging down about 1" into the jet stream. just trying to think outside the box...

Linkage looks to be in perfect condition, I will inspect and see if I need to make any adjustments this weekend to the pumps

Same issue here. I added fixed trim tabs and whereas they corrected the porpoising, it now pulls hard to port. I’m planning to pull the port side tab and lessen the angle some so there is less drag on that side to see if it helps.

I wonder if adjustable tabs would be better? If the boat is not sitting perfectly level, then maybe the position of the fixed tabs is causing drag as the boat lists slightly to one side or the other due to how the boat is weighted? This drag is causing the boat to lean or steer to the left (in your situation).

Have you tried adding some weight to the starboard side of the boat to see if this made any changes?

When I was looking in to getting thrust vectors or cobra jet fins for my boat I recall reading several reviews that the thrust vectors caused the boats to pull left. I don't know if that is true or not since I went with the other brand. Just something to consider or maybe someone who only added trim tabs and not the thrust vectors could answer.

I have a 10 degree bend on each plate. Do you think this is to aggressive and should be less?

Attachments

• IMG_3586.JPG
    IMG_3586.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
I have a 10 degree bend on each plate. Do you think this is to aggressive and should be less?

That's what mine are....about 10 degrees. It took out the bouncing completely, but added the pull to port. I'm going to take out about half of the bend on the port side and see if that makes a difference.

I removed them for right now, let me know if that improves on your boat as I would like to pur them back on

There are existing threads about jet boats pulling to the left naturally. It seems like it is a common occurrence isolated from the tabs. My C210 pulls left (no trim tabs). The tabs could be causing some issue as well but understand the left pull is normal to some extent.

So I removed the trim tabs and steering vectors and the boat still seems to pull left and for some reason it is hard to turn right when going at high speeds. I would have to say compared to my old 98 speedster I truly hate the way this boat handles. Not happy at all, plus it is a pig on gas

While running at higher speeds I notice it is very difficult to make right turns. Any ideas why

While running at higher speeds I notice it is very difficult to make right turns. Any ideas why
Is your steering cable at your nozzle collapsing under load? Have someone hold the wheel on center and you grab the nozzle and push it side to side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back